4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 5:36 PM by aaronplatinum4life RSS

Renaissance Heathrow - poor customer care

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have been corresponding with the Renaissance London Heathrow by email because every time i stay there the hotel doesn't post my points or nights credit. In addition, i was told that some of the rates were not eligible for points, which I disagreed with at checkout and was then told the same information again by the front of house manager by email, which again I said was incorrect. It was only after perseverance that I got my points and night credits. I would add that on each of these stays the rates were public ones on the Marriott website, ie; Summer promotions - they were not friends and family, 3rd party or travel industry or rates that are applicable only to those that meet a certain criteria. I was assured by the front of house manager that the rates had now been adjusted on their system and the next 2 stays pre booked with the hotel had been personally checked and would benefit from MR points/ nights credits. After my stay on the 13th Sept I found no points, yet the Marriott Berlin managed to post my points the very next day following on from my stay at Heathrow. I gave the hotel sufficient time to post my points (10 days as per the Marriott website) but nothing happened, i emailed the front of house manager and to date have still not had the courtesy of a reply or my account credited. My 2nd stay last Friday has still not been credited,, yet again, my trip following on from Heathrow was to Budapest and today they posted my points having only checked out of Budapest yesterday. I have once again emailed the front of house manager who previously told me they had personally checked my stays would be credited and I'm still waiting. I am not going to contact Marriott rewards to get the points posted because this happens every time at the Renaissance, or if I'm lucky I might get the base points but am missing the 500 points for being a Platinum member. It needs the hotel to accept their responsibilities it has to their guests and to get it right. On one occasion i was told by the front desk that i was not eligible for my Platinum gift because i was redeeming points for my stay, and just to add to it, the lady was training a new staff member, so if thats how staff get trained its no wonder that guests suffer. I will say that I argued the point that i was right and they were wrong and eventually got a call in my room to apologise and got the welcome gift of 500 points.

Clearly the Renaissance Heathrow has issues with the posting of points/nights credits. There is a choice of the Marriott Heathrow and the Marriott Windsor/Heathrow but the Renaissance is more convenient for the airport, but they need to remember that members do have a choice, and not only of Marriott hotels yet they seem to take little notice of this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Renaissance Heathrow - poor customer care
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

That's stunning - I've stayed there a number of times and not had that experience.  In my experience, however, the hotel is large and inconsistent, but I still like it.

And folks who like planes are addicted to it ... for good reason: Runway Watching: LHR Renaissance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'll have to watch out when I stay there in early November. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll monitor my account closely and share what happens.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Sad to read of your experience, but when I read the lady was training a new associate that tells me management at the hotel really needs to know of that issue and make sure the new associate does not keep that same concept.

aaronplatinum4life Platinum 28 Reviews

Stay at the Heathrow Marriott next time.  You can take the bus there for free from the Bus Station by Terminals 1,2,3...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...