3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2013 3:18 PM by thor RSS

Marriott Rates

olive Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Recently, I had to stay at the Marriott on the campus of Mayo Clinic in Phoenix.  My question is why aren't the rates for patients who are staying for the purpose of going to Mayo Clinic the best rates Marriott has to offer?  When I stayed this time and it was for 10 days, the senior rate was less than the Mayo rate and another time the AAA rate was less than the Mayo rate.  I would suggest that if a guest is staying for the reason to have surgery or see a doctor at the Mayo clinic, the best rate should be a Mayo rate, even if the guest has to show some proof of their appts. at Mayo.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rates
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

sounds like a problem for Mayo to work as I assume they have a rate agreement with Marriott. If I had to bet Marriott sets rates based on likely occupancy so they may price AA or senior lower due to the season . would be interesting to see if that's holds In march during spring training

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

aaronplatinum4life Platinum 28 Reviews

Call the hotel and speak to the Manager.  Explain your situation and see if you can get a special rate...

thor Gold 13 Reviews

Marriott have what they called "hospital rate".  I found this out when we had to stay in Denver, Co early this year to visit a dying relative.  I called Marriott Elite Reservation and explained my circumstances.  The lady who helped me informed me of such special rate;  applicable only on hotels that's close proximity to major hospitals and I'm thinking Mayo Clinic would qualify.   It doesn't hurt to ask like everyone above have mentioned.

Good luck and Hope your health's better.

-Thor

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...