4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 5:32 PM by aaronplatinum4life RSS

Marriott "Resorts" and Gold Status

ouwilly25 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am staying at the Renaissance Vinoy which is a Marriott resort.  This is the second or third time I have been at a "resort" that does not provide the traditional Marriott benefits.  What benefits are available to Marriott Gold members since there are not concierge levels and the typical benefits (e.g. free breakfast, appetizers at night, etc.)?  Any help would be appreciated!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott "Resorts" and Gold Status
    cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

This is what I do when I stay at a resort. I call the hotel (I am sure you already have) and ask if there are any upgrades or extra's for Marriott members. Actually I call the hotel twice because sometimes it all depends on who you talk to. When I check in I ask again if there are any upgrades and also mention since you don't have a CL (I also say I understand you are a resort and this is not your policy) can I have a breakfast daily with my room.  If this is an off season in which you are traveling  the hotel may give you breakfast or some other type of an extra amenity (free resort fee or parking)  I have had breakfast (even on the day of my arrival) at some of the resorts free of charge. By doing a little extra for Marriott Members  the hotel may see you as a  repeat customer and hope you recommend it to other's.  I feel there is no harm in asking, they can just say no. If no upgrades or extra's are available I still have a great time. I am on vacation!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fivedegrees13 Platinum 3 Reviews

ouwilly25, I have been a Platinum for years and have also stayed at many Marriott Resorts....you get NOTHING for any status at resorts.....no free breakfasts, snacks, concierge lounge, etc.....it is surprising and unfortunate, but I have learned to accept it.  I don't even bother asking anymore. 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I've gotten recognized as being a MR Elite member, but that is just about it.  Oh wait, I got a letter from the hotel GM delivered to our room once thanking us for being a return guest......and that is all.

However; when staying at resorts I always book the room type we want (view, corner, suite, etc.) so not much else to beg for once I book that type of room.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...