2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2013 2:21 PM by cranneberry RSS

Redeeming points? Air, hotel or both?

cranneberry Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I will be traveling to Ireland and London in June of 2014. We are hoping to stay for 2 weeks total, about 4-5 days in Ireland, the rest in London. This will be a return trip to London for us, but not for all in our party. My question is about redeeming points. Currently, between the 2 of us, we have 890,000 points and are trying to decide the best way to use them. Our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter will be coming as well. They are paying for their own airfare. We have considered using points for the airfare, business class if possible, we aren't getting any younger; and then for a hotel in London. Is that going to be the smartest (biggest bang for the buck) way to use the points? Are there hotels that would let us use the points for a suite for all 5 of us? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Redeeming points? Air, hotel or both?
    ansaa Member

Hi cranneberry! Thanks so much for your post.  It sounds like a wonderful trip that you and your family have planned! I can speak firsthand of how absolutely wonderful London is, but I'll be eager to hear about your thoughts on Ireland as I have yet to visit!  I'm sure your fellow Insiders (profchiara jerrycoin sg1974 absolutelegend1 nuhusker -- any takers?) will have a lot of useful information to offer you, but in the meantime, here are a few threads to start with:

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Redeeming points? Air, hotel or both?
      cranneberry Silver

My husband and I have been to London several times, but it will be a first for the rest of the family.  In the past we stayed with my parents at the Hyde Park Residence Inn (?) somewhere between the Dorchester and the Grosvenor, while they were there on business. Consequently, we've never had to book our own hotel. I've also been looking at the Bexelyheath and London Heathrow Marriotts, but I think the time it would take us to get into the city would not be worth the savings in points. Does anybody know approximately how long it might take us to get into the city from either of those hotels?

Thanks,

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...