2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 5:00 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Why Did I not get the Propper Credit For a Goodwill Adjustment?

sadenheart Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I recently received a goodwill adjustment so I could stay at the Marriott Marquis SF. I wanted to stay for two nights. and my point balance just came shy of a lttle over  35,000 points which cleared my

my account. I was shocked the next day when they had me checking out.

when I addressed the issue with the CR's at Marriott Rewards they replied like they did not know what i was talking about?

Any advice?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why Did I not get the Propper Credit For a Goodwill Adjustment?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Sadenheart,

I'm not sure I am completely understanding your situation.  You wanted to stay two nights, the first night cash, the second night on points (35,000), and if that is correct, you made the appropriate two night reservation, 1st night cash, 2nd night points?  Did you get a confirmation email with reservation confirmation number?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why Did I not get the Propper Credit For a Goodwill Adjustment?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

A Goodwill Adjustment, from my experience, is a number of points that the Customer Support folks have awarded to the member for some reason...maybe a bad experience? I've had three over the years, all three were for lousy service at specific hotels.

So, sadenheart, if I'm reading your posting correctly, you were a few thousand points from the needed amount to book the night(s). Someone at Marriott said they would award you these points as a Goodwill Adjustment. Then, when the stay took place, the points didn't show up?  Am I close to understanding the issue?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...