8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2013 6:21 PM by painedplatinum RSS

1/2 day in Brussels....Suggestions?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I will have an 8 hr layover in Brussels on my way to Cameroon on the 2nd of November. Any suggestions on taking in the sights and sounds? The plane lands at 7AM. My plan was to take the train from the airport to Central or Midi station. On paper, those rides are less than 20 minutes. That sounds great, but would like to hear from my experienced friends. I'm thinking of using the Marriott or the Renaissance as a base. Bring it on!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Brussels, Belgium Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Brussels Hotel
  • Re: 1/2 day in Brussels....Suggestions?
    blava007 Platinum

painedplatinum

Stay at the Marriott Hotel, it is in better location for you  to enjoy the city vs the Renaissance hotel.    Both are nice, but location, location, location which in your case is critical.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks blava, I see the location on google maps and it looks good. Do you have any favorite location, location, location, for breakfast or lunch?

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

painedplatinum

We've got a small conversation on a day trip to Brussels buried in the below discussion.  Worth a look an very helpful!  Insight from Jerrycoin, Pluto, newhiltonmbr, and profchiara!  Great stuff! 

CDG to EuroDisney!

Excellent, kh, that group.. jerrycoin, pluto77, newhiltonmembr, and profchiara, is a walking Hall of Fame. I'd love to get a tidbit from each.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Pained, it's at the bottom of the thread that Kyle suggested, and newhiltonmembr and GemP have you well covered.  8 hours seems like a reasonable (if minimum) amount of time to leave a foreign airport for some quick sightseeing.  I've never been that brave and would appreciate hearing how it all works out.  Maybe the Marriott would let you store any stuff there, while you do a walkabout.  I've done that in Paris before, but I had nothing like a plane to catch to Cameroon.

Someday, I would love to know more about what you foreign business traveler types do in all of these far away places (Cameroon?). It's all a very mysterious business to this office jockey. 

Safe travels.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

The Grand' Place is the most spectacular part of Brussels, including a museum of the city which is very good.  On the other end of the city is a truly spectacular art museum.  Near St. Catherine's place you'll find IMHO the best restaurants, which is on the other side of the Grand' Place. I used to love the Grand'Place 'restaurant streets,' but lately they've become touristy, and St. Catherine's has a lot of fresh fish restaurants, including the famous mussels and beer.

The Brussels Marriott (not the Renaissance) is one that has consistenty upgraded me to suites.

Hope this helps!ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...