4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 7:59 AM by eb5147 RSS

Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC)

cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here is another good article on LoyaltyLobby.com. This pertains to when you are out of the country. There could be extra fee's added to your purchase. I have never heard of DCC before I read this article. I only copy/paste part of the article, it is well worth the time to read the entire article. (I know I have made this mistake but now I am better informed and I could save some money)Hopefully this may help other MRI

When you are checking out of a hotel, at a retail outlet or withdrawing money from an ATM, you may be asked if you would like to pay in the currency of your card instead of the currency of the country you are in.This is called Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) and you should ALWAYS decline

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC)

I just want to add to my previous comments above. There should be a section or heading  stating ,"Travel Tips By State or Country". This would stop multiple comments about the same thing. This would have been a great travel tip.  As I see there have been a few comments already on DCC which I did not know because there is know specific place I could go to locate it. This information could be in someone's comments about Europe , or another discussion months back. Since I have been a MRI (about a month) there has not been a discussion on DCC, so sorry to all you that have previously read this information in other discussions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I went to the Discussions and typed "currency" into the filter block which gave several discussions, including this one.  I admit that it really is hard to find things here, though.

No need to apologize, and welcome to the site.  There is a lot of useful info and good comradery here on this site due to all the sharing.

Thanks for the comment! I guess before my last transatlantic cruise in 2012 (stayed in Rome at the Grand Flora) I should have checked the Marriott Reward Insiders site. Who knew by being a Marriott Reward Insider could save you money! Thanks to all MRI !

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Yeah.  Have you read some of the blogs by profc?  She is really good with some of her European tips.  Jerrycoin is, also, as well as others who are in Europe who will help us.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...