9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 4:45 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Increase in number of hotel reviews

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am very surprised at the number of hotel reviews which are being posted on Marriott Insiders for the last couple of months.  I spent very little time on the computer while we were in Europe for 7 weeks; however, I do remember a contest at the beginning of the summer which encouraged posting reviews.  Is there still a contest going on?   It seems like most of the reviews are written by Insiders new to the site.  Is this part of the social media trend?  As one of our "experienced" Insiders used to say: "just wondering".

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
  • Re: Increase in number of hotel reviews
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

RBF you are not alone at all in your assessment, the reviews keep pouring in much to the dislike of many of us here.  Suggestions have been given to NathalieF, ansaa and merb to try and find a way they don't take good threads and bury them deep in the boggy never to be seen again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Increase in number of hotel reviews
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings razorbackfan! We did have a month-long sweepstakes in June and continue to see a healthy volume of reviews each day as you mentioned. So to make sure you can parse between the conversations and reviews, we've already made a few changes to each of the discussion forums and as iahflyr mentioned, we'll have some additional and more noticeable updates with our next maintenance update - but I'll keep the community updated.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...