4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 6:35 PM by captbigguy RSS

In defence of Marriott Rewards

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Many of us spend the majority of our time on this insider's site complaining about various topics relating to recognition of status and/or benefits.

My inquiry to the MR community is "How, in your experience,  does MR match up to competitors programs"?

I will start by stating that my experience as a member of  Marriott Rewards,, with all it's inconsistencies at properties, is "miles" above the other programs I have been a member of.  AND, I have tried all the "biggies".  Number one is the ease of use of points in obtaining reservations in 90% of my requests.  (when a member of other programs I would receive and "offer" - "we will give you two nights for points but you have to pay for the other three" etc etc   even when their site was showing the  property available for points )

Sure, we have valid complaints.  Especially those of us that spend 30 to 60 nights a year sleeping on Marriott bedding.  That said, we should strive, through communications like this forum, to improve what already is the best (in my opinion) program.

Your thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: In defence of Marriott Rewards
    blava007 Platinum

misterchk

You are making a good point and request, unfortunately your posted Blog/comments will dissipate into the thin ether never/seldom to be seeing again, that’s because the way the site is organized (primary hotel comments) it does not provide appropriate vehicle for an effective communication and information sharing among members. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

I welcome advise from all if there is a better place to post my question/comments.

Thanks in advance.

VeggieGrrl Silver

I think they could do better and would like to be shown that loyalty is valued. Better food for business breakfast would be much appreciated.

captbigguy Platinum 4 Reviews

My experience has been very good with MR as well.  Sure, I want more and more, but then again, I look at it from the business perspective as well and can see both sides.  "Brand loyalty" is what many companies do and should strive for as that is what will pay the bills in the long run.  Sure, you can make a quick buck doing certain things, but if you plan on being in business very long you should strive to do things that will make your customer come back to you time and time again.  We all have different tastes and desires, so you can't please everyone, but you can do everything to get your market share.

To that end, I see a trend towards getting more new MR members and the risk of losing some longtime regulars.  Then again, the other chains are whispering in those long-termers to come over to their side as new members.  So maybe it's not so dumb afterall...  MR gets a lot of HH members... HH gets a lot of MR members... Sort of like baseball teams...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...