11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2016 9:26 AM by jerryl RSS

Should there be a "Membership Advisory Committee"...?

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Should the Marriott corporate management in charge of the rewards program meet periodically with a member committee*?  This would facilitate the communication current policies and ideas for improvement.

*Committee to be chosen by Marriott from a "pool" of platinum members".

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Should there be a "Membership Advisory Committee"...?
    ckmjbc03 Member 6 Reviews

yes

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum

Yes - long overdue

702rugbyref Platinum

I think it would be helpful IF the membership can stay on point.

Platinum

Now wait - either that was perfect dry sarcasm, or you don't know about mistrchk's nearly explosive tirade about staying on point...or both?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Best to just let this drop away into the abyss!

Platinum

or join marriottoutsiders (tm). coming soon...

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Concur ghost   from Christmas past

Platinum

OK, I see your point. I don't think I'd want to be on a committee that already shows this little interest in the subject at hand. Does anyone even know what sort of hrs the CMs are paid to put into this work? Most of them barely appear except to ra ra ra about some one timer posting what a great time they had at xyz property. Perhaps I'm just seeing a half-empty glass, but that's how it seems to me after doing close to 500 points/posts/whatever

From my perspective Marriott provides this forum is for members to share experiences and opinions. They monitor the forum to insure it is clean and civil. Thy have used comments to provide feedback to management and at times actually change things and many times they do not. The Mods have given us a heads up on changes and early looks on things like bonuses and hotel Level changes. I do miss the hotel evaluation section but I remember those comments seem to take over most of the recent posts. I don't expect management will give the forum any added voice in their decisions. Many will think this is a mistake but to me I don't think that has been Marriott's intent with this forum .

One additional point if you look at the number of Marriott guests who take part in the forum ( by actually posting) it is very small . I have someone who is following me and they have posted 27 times and are ranked about 1000 all time

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...