6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 9:08 AM by bjarz12 RSS

Marriott Rewards Terms & Condition Policy Change

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just ran across this change in MR Terms and Conditions policy change and was wondering if others had seen this or been notified of the change prior to the September 17, 2013, effective date?

http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/09/24/marriott-rewards-terms-conditions-changes-regarding-account-closures/#more-9700

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Terms & Condition Policy Change
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

As it was mentioned in the article, it appears that Vacation Club issues look to be the driving force behind the changes. Maybe there are some shenanigans going on out there that we don't know about.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi!

I posted this earlier this morning. I am glad other MRI are reading loyaltylobby

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Where did you post it as I didn't find it.  Of course there we probably 80 hotel reviews to weed through first I guess.

cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I know there is alot of information on this site but if you go to page 2 of discussion you will see it. I try and keep up with what is going on but I am usually the last to find out. Since another MI posted information about the Loyaltylobby site I have been looking at it weekly. There is alot of good information for Marriott (also all the other chains and airlines).

ns0001 Member

I don't know if anybody has the same gripe as me. I stayed at a Courtyard for 10 days with my family in August. I paid over $2,100 to Marriott. I was rejected for I rewards because a used a booking service (it was complicated since I needed 10 days while in California). When I checked in they said they had my rewards number and didn't say there was a problem. So when I got home I requested the points and submitted my bill. This is utter BS.

You book an airline, whether through a travel agent, a service like Kayak or Priceline and you still get the points. No questions asked. I do travel for both business and personal reasons and I've never encountered this before.

I will have to think long and hard before I use a Marriott again.

Please take note of this before staying at a Marriott.

bjarz12 Platinum 6 Reviews

As far as I know, most, if not all, of the major hotel chains don't allow you to earn nights/points for third party bookings.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...