3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 7:50 AM by erc RSS

Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift is NOT Guaranteed

davea1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Heads up to other Platinum members that if you ask for "Points" when you check in and your account is accumulating miles that your points will fall into a black hole and not get credited to your account.   They say that there's some fine print saying that this stipulated but I sure don't see it anywhere.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift is NOT Guaranteed
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

What "arrival gift"?  They did away with the arrival gift at most hotels a few months back so more wine and cheese, just some whine on MI about it going completely away!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

smoothrobertl Gold

I have never had that  happen during my 10 years as Platinum. I believe it depends on the front desk clerk getting it right upon  check in.You won't know until you check your rewards account within 10 days since they don't disclose point values on your hotel invoice.

erc Platinum

As I read davea1's question, it's about those who earn airline miles not receiving a check-in bonus.  Whereas I can't find anything specific that says airline miles earners do not receive miles, as I look at the elite benefit chart under the Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift, I notice that airline miles appear to only be given at Editions and Ritz (along with the either/or choice of bonus points).   https://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/guarantee.mi

So I bet davea1 is on to something. It seems like if you are earning airline miles and ask for bonus points at check in at anything other than an Edition or a Ritz, you're not going to get it. merb any clarification for specific airline miles earners?

Once again, the bible for all of this info is the terrific link kept up to date by skiadcock on Flyertalk (and yes, many over there do often have "their hair on fire", but don't we all at times?).

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends - FlyerTalk Forums

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...