4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 9:48 PM by fhllast4ever RSS

Disney Locations Peference ?

yachtzone Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am taking my wife and son (13) to Disney for a long weekend.  I could stay at either Sabal Palms, Royal Palms, or Gaylord for the same number of points.  The Sabal and Royal locations appear to give me two bedrooms.  I would really like to get some feedback and get this decision settled.  thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disney Locations Peference ?
    cranneberry Silver

I have stayed at the Gaylord, but not the other 2. The Gaylord is quite close to Disney and provides shuttle service to Disney, not sure about the others. When are you planning the visit? The Epcot Food and Wine festival started today and goes through Nov. 11th. If you have specific Disney questions, please let me know. I live in the area and am on property 5 days a week.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks.  I did not know about the shuttle service.  This quick trip is to recapture some memories that my son lost due to his accident and amnesia.  Sounds like you must work at Disney.  I am excited to get Ben back to the parks so he can experience the joys of Disney while he is still young enough to appreciate all there is to offer.  We have to contact guest relations concerning his brain injury and inability to wait long periods.  I also need to study the rides....can't do real dizzy stuff or rides that have sudden stops.  I sure hope this trip is all I want it to be for my son.  THANKS

fhllast4ever Platinum

If you need space, Sabal  and Royal  are excellent.  They are both connected to the Orlando World Marriott hotel.

At Sabal and Royal you don't have to pay for parking and there is a free shuttle from these villas to take you in the bigger hotel

(Orlando World).  Disney World is only 5 miles from this property (shuttle is not free -- outsourced to a private company).

I recently stayed at Gaylord and it's ambience is very different from Orlando World.  It is farther away from Disney World.

If your son likes gators and turtles, he'll find them at Gaylord.  Parking and resort fee are not free.

If you can travel Nov 23,2013 and later, then there is the additional Christmas spirit at Gaylord as the place is decked out much more

than Orlando World.  Nov 23 is also the start of the ICE show where 40 artisans from China will carve out the theme Frosty the Snowman

out of tons of ice.  I think tickets are on sale now (at 30%) discount to reward members.

Gaylord has a few restaurants, Orlando World has more.  Buffet breakfast is quite pricey at both hotels.

I wish you luck and prayers for your son -- with your patience and perseverance his young mind will recover soon.

thank you.....have stayed at World just not the Villas of Sabal or Royal.....the ambiance of Gaylord is appealing, but will have lengthy discussion with my bride....your thoughts are very appreciated

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...