7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 7:26 AM by misterchk RSS

Concierge floor rooms

ksolsberg Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a difference in the rooms on this floor?

I made a reservation for a harbour view room (Vancouver Pinnacle) and received an upgrade to a concierge floor city view...is this really an upgrade?

I am a Gold Memeber and already receive the benifits of the concierge lounge.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Concierge floor rooms
    erc Platinum

Yes, upgrades as defined by the T & C are a very broad category (and often impacts travelers differently) - from the elite benefits terms (Platinum)

Room Upgrade

For Platinum Elite members the best way is up! Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom, we’ll do our best to upgrade your room. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites, subject to availability identified by each hotel. See terms and conditions for details.

Many properties have been successful in charging extra for high floors and even more for "views". If my satisfaction for a stay is determined by the view (like at a lovely beach), I don't risk it, and I bite the bullet and buy the view, which leads me to the question; did you pay a premium for the harbour view room? (which if you did, you then certainly should receive the terrific harbour view).  If it was just a hopeful request for an upgrade, then Marriott followed their rules and in this particular case for you, no luck. The good news, as you have discovered, that CL (which being on the floor, some consider an upgrade due to proximity, others consider a headache due to foot traffic/noise) has terrific harbour views and excellent (better than most US) offerings. Enjoy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

And you might even find a couple of water bottles that are free on the concierge level rather than having to pay the silly $3.99/bottle.

erc Platinum

I've yet found a property that allows that infamous $10 F & B credit to be used for those silly little waters in the room. Has anyone else had any luck with that exchange?   Love me some Marriott enhanced bennies .

Off to some football viewing, so it's an erc-free zone from here on out. Then the rabble-rouser convention in Chicago, where I'll start the meeting by tossing a    Guillow's Sky Streak (the extent of my airplane knowledge) in your honor.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

If you weren't entitled to concierge lounge access (or, in other words, free food), it's an upgrade.  But, as a view devotee, I support (unequivocally) the rule that, if you booked (and, specifically, paid a price premium for) a view, you're entitled to the view.  Personally, if I was in your shoes, I would have turned down that room and demanded the harbor view you booked and then asked for access to the concierge lounge (which, if they offered you the upgrade, they should have cheerfully given you).

It is true that at some properties, the concierge level is up top and offers the best views, but that's not always the case, and sometimes it's the opposite.

Yes, it is (extremely) common for there to be (significant) price premiums for views, height, balconies, and combinations of these.  The most sophisticated pricing regime I've seen for height and balcony size is at the Autograph Cosmopolitan in Vegas, which has the best balconies and views on the strip (which can command extraordinary price premiums).  See, for example, Vegas Cosmopolitan - Rockin' Balcony

p.s. you might find this thread interesting:  Favorite Marriott Views????

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Higher floor (so maybe more of a view) and free bottled water.  Those are the only differences I am aware of (easier access to the Concierge Lounge too if you are on the Concierge Level that houses the Concierge Lounge).

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Take the stairs or elevator to the CL if you aren't on it......and take all the water !:)

Platinum 28 Reviews

I have found  the only difference (occasionally) are a few room amenities.  These include (again on occasion) bathrobes, fresh flowers, etc....

The size of standard rooms are the same, you are just on a different floor.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...