7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 1:03 PM by cruisetraveler RSS

Rewards Stay Confirmation Disaster

kent2882 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

All,

Has anyone ever booked a rewards stay and then had the local hotel tell you they are overbooked and turn you away?  I'm furious with Marriott right now about this.  My wife and 6 month old daughter were traveling due to a family emergency without me and went to check-in to a property at about 1am.  The front desk person told them Marriott Rewards overbooked them and turned away my wife and 6 month old daughter in the middle of the night!!  They didn't even find or offer to find them another property or hotel to stay at!  I've been talking to Marriott Customer Service for 2 or 3 months about this and everyone keeps passing the buck.  What't the point of being Platinum Elite with Marriott if all you get is Holiday Inn service.   I'm thinking about switching to the Hilton Reward program, anyone have any reviews on how their program works?

KB

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Stay Confirmation Disaster
    chrisa Gold
    I thought rooms were guaranteed or they found you another room + cash.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

My goodness, this sounds awful! Extremely difficult to believe that such a thing would be allowed to occur (I do believe it, though) and your issues to continue to be unheeded in all this time. I'm astounded. Certainly you must have some compensation coming.....at least tens of thousands of points. Good luck and don't give up!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings KB and thanks for reaching out. If you wouldn't mind emailing me any details about your trip I can help look into the matter insidershelp@marriott.com.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Absolutely unacceptable!    Never heard of anything like it at Marriott.

In all my years with Marriott, I've only found myself overbooked twice:

• once in Detroit - the airport Marriott was full, and I was sent to the (perfectly comfortable) airport Spring Hill Suites, and I was not charged (at all) for my room;
    • once in Phoenix - my hotel (a Renaissance Inn) was full, and I was sent across town to the (frankly, sublime) Camelback Inn (and charged the Residence Inn rate).

Both experiences were fully satisfactory (from my standpoint).

I find it stunning that Marriott has not "made this right" yet.  Please let us (the community) know when they do!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Even Holiday Inn would not have done this.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Absolutely shocking!!    Was this ever resolved?

cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I am sorry but every time I look at this discussion , I just can't believe that something like this can happen in this day and age! There are so many resources out there that Marriott should have been able to find her and her child a place to stay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...