4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2014 8:33 AM by iahflyr RSS

Advice about Scrub Island

worldtraveller Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Need some advice as to length of stay: planning a 10 day stay in december. Is that sufficient ? or too long ? My husband wants to go scuba diving 3 or 4 days.

As you will loose 2 days for travel it would be 8 full days in the resort. What do you think ?

Anything else about this resort; what you can do and what you have to expect would be appreciated.

Any experience as being a Gold member ? do they honor that in any way when booking with points and cash ?

Will be celebrating 2 bdays and anniversary.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Advice about Scrub Island
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Having been to Scrub Island I will tell you it is a fabulous spot to just get completely away from everything if that is what you want to do to celebrate.  If he wants to dive that number of days that will give you another four or so to charter a boat possibly and visit other islands in the BVI or U.S. Virgin Islands (if you do make sure to take your passport those days as you will need it) while leaving a few days for just sitting by the gorgeous pool.

Expect very friendly associates from the time you are met with the shuttle ferry from Beef Island, to your welcome drink at the dock, talking with the GM (Martin) who is always at the resort and mingling with the guests, to enjoying some fantastic Caribbean water and lovely accommodations.  As for anything special I can't say other than on our first visit I had booked a Governor's Suite and called ahead to the hotel in order to find out what rooms had the best view of the ocean and we were very pleasantly given what I'd think is the best room in the entire resort.  Our next visit early next year I am using both points and cash to upgrade and they have given us a very nice cash rate.

Here are a few pictures from our trip in 2012.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/photoAlbums/1390

Enjoy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

worldtraveller Gold 1 Reviews

Thank you so much for your detailed answer and sharing the pictures !!

It really looks very nice and I think we will have fun there

debbiep Platinum

Thank you so much for this answer - can I ask you what room you stayed in?  My husband and I are going in April of this year (2014) and loved your pictures.  Also, what boat company did you use?  Anything else you can offer up on fun things to do while we are there. We will be there for 5 days.

Also, do you remember the GM of Scrub Island (you said Martin) is that first or last name?

Thanks again!!

Debbie and Scott

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

debbiep,

I just but a reply on another Scrub Island thread, but will answer here for others just in case. 

We had the room you requested 1725, Room 1724 is the Governor's Suite which we stayed in for our first visit, it is huge, but 1725 will do just fine and it has a nice kitchen to cook some fish you might be lucky enough to find over at the Trellis Bay docks or some other goodies you buy. 

I don't actually remember the name of the boat company we used, but this year we had the exact same boat as last time. We booked it through the resort for the day and they have two companies they use.  You can call the resort and ask for Reneika James or Renne Rogers in the reception area who will be able to help you.

The GM has changed, his name is Binny Sebastian.  He is a nice helpful guy, but not as visible in the mingling with the guests as the previous GM was, Martin.  Please tell our favorite bartender Nelson his friends from Houston said hello, he is fun and very friendly.

Just enjoy yourselves, relax, take the boat and have lunch at Cooper Island, the Chicken Roti is wonderful, walk down to North Beach and have a drink, it's a pretty steep hill but worth the walk or ask the resort for a ride.  Grab a drink at Bitter End Yacht Club and Saba Rock both in North Sound of Virgin Gorda.....it's beautiful.

Have a great time and safe trip, if you need anything further information that you think of later just let me know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...