5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2009 9:01 AM by zurdek RSS

Munich Renaissance and Marriott

jdmckay Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Munich Marriott and Renaissance are great bargains for basing in Munich, Germany.   They are only 300 meters apart from each other, and both provide a great room, breakfast, and location.  The U-bahn is only 100 meters away from the Renaissance. It will take you directly downtown to the Marienplatz.  We go here every Christmas to visit the Christmas market. It is a fantastic time.  We browse the Christmas stalls, sample the food, and then end the night at the Hofbrauhaus.  It's really covenient to just jump back on the U-bahn and end up in the quiet neighborhood surrounding the Renaissance and Marriott.  It is very convenient to locate the hotels from the airport (Franz Joseph).  You just take the A-9 into town into the Mitterer Ring. The Marriott and Renaissance are right there!  Both hotels have lavish breakfasts, and they provide some really good deals. Especially during Christmastime.  Last year, we got upgraded to a suite at the Renaissance plus we had a huge buffet breakfast...all for 69 Euros a night! That by far has been my best European deal yet!  We've stayed at both Renaissance and Marriott and have been extremely happy with both. We've been coming back to Munich for the past 13 years.  We've never been disappointed!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Munich Renaissance and Marriott
    muckistutz Silver 1 Reviews
    How did you get the $69 deal?

We have been going to the marriott and/or renaissance for the past 20+ years because we are happy with either hotel BUT have never even gotten a $69 rate!

We the strong Euro, this would be terrific

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dubliner Silver

Staying in Marriott Munich in mid Dec for the Christmas market ...so great to read your review. Any recommendations for restaurants?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

These are two great hotels!

Go to the famous Hofbrau House for sure.

there is the subway right by the hotel.

You will have a great time,

Jerrycoin@aol.com

dubliner Silver
    Just back ...had a great weekend with snow . marriott was just great and included breakfast !!  89 sterling for 2 people and 2  nights !

zurdek Platinum
    My son and I recently stayed at the Renaissance in Munich and enjoy the stay.  We were provided an upgraded room and since I'm Platinum, they gave us free breakfast.  We also had an upgraded suite, which was really nice.  My only complaint would be that they should upgrade their TVs; they still have only 1 tube TV in the room.  The location was very, very convenient and the staff was great.  Our rate was 75 Euros per night, plus a free 50 Euro certificate for any Marriott until April 2010.  Already planning to use it in Paris!I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling to Munich.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...