7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 8:08 PM by kk_z1 RSS

United now offers Miles to MR Points

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just received an email from United this morning announcing that members who have Premier Status are now able to convert United Miles to Marriott Rewards Points.  I'm very happy to see this announcement since I do not fly United very often and their Miles have an expiration date.  I'm always able to make use of Marriott Reward Points. 

Here is a link to the page to convert your Miles to MR Points.  The transfer takes approximately 7-10 days.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/reg/MarriottTransferMilesLP.jsp

unitedmarriott.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: United now offers Miles to MR Points
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

So let me get this straight...you need to have United Premier status to use this new perk but if you were MR Platinum you can get UA Silver with their latest promo. So...as a MR Gold, not only do I not get the United Silver (since I am only Gold not Plat) but I also can't take advantage of this new perk (since I am not UA Premier) and can't get UA Premier Silver through the latest promo. So basically I just got kicked in the teeth AGAIN. Awesome.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77,

Sorry to hear that you can't take advantage of the promo.  This is one platinum perk that I'm really happy about.  Not sure if this helps or not but if your not already a Marriott Premier Visa Card user you may consider getting one as it automatically gives you 15 Elite Night Credits towards your status each year in addition to giving you one night credit for every $3,000 spent.  Just a couple of months ago I decided to start using my card for everyday spending and bill paying to get the extra points and elite night credits.  Year to date I've earned at total of 19 Elite Night Credits (original 15 included) towards my status and will most likely earn an additional 2-3 nights before the end of the year.  Something to think about if your already spending 50 nights or more in a Marriott bed.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Now it is becoming clear why some of us MI have been complaining about this partnership and it's slap in the face or kick in the teeth......this is such a horrible partnership!!  I guess one good thing is you can get rid of your MileagePlus miles quicker, oh wait you put them into your MR account then can't use them in the hotels you want to stay when you want to go, nice.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

vaboywnder - I am confused over your excitement since you state, "since I do not fly United very often and their Miles have an expiration date." Interpreting that statement suggests you do not have any Mileage Plus Premier status as even minimum status for Silver requires 25K miles or 30 segments per year (see Mileage Plus 2014 - Program Updates for details). If I am correct, then - - ->

Looking at the fine print on the United link (emphasized here to make my point), "All MileagePlus Premier® members can convert their MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points. Since you are likely NOT to have Premier Status, then you would not qualify for converting miles-to-points.

Am I missing something here - unless you received Silver status via Marriott "status-share"?

pingreeman,

Since I'm Platinum with Marriott I now have United Premier Silver status now which is now allowing me to convert those miles which I was unable to use previously into Marriott Rewards points.

greenit Platinum 4 Reviews

Would be better if they gave United Silver to MR Gold and United Gold to MR Platinum.  That way everyone would be confused and MRPs would get a real benefit.  Chances are if you travel enough to get MR-P you may already have status.

kk_z1 Gold 13 Reviews

I agree with you greenit. Just a note (I am sure folks will be aware) for United Silver you need 30 segements or 25,000 miles... plus in 2014 in order to maintain your Silver status you will have to take note of the premiere qualifying dollars (PQD). Mileage Plus 2014 - Program Updates ...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...