6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2015 5:34 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Platinum Challenge

bigo1973 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone tell me if the Platinum Challenge is currently ongoing if so how do I register for it.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Challenge
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

bigo1973,

It's my understanding that the Platinum Challenge is usually offered to those who request it directly from Marriott Rewards Customer Service.  Usually the participant will get to enjoy the Platinum perks right away and retain the Platinum status if they can stay a certain number of nights in a certain period of time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

HI!

I am actually in the platinum challenge right now. I called and asked for it. Hopefully, this year I can complete the necessary nights, as all my nights are for vacations and not business

ansaa Member

Hi bigo1973! Thanks for posting.  We just checked in with our team on this one and they said that the “Taste of Elite” offer that a guest could just call up and ask for is no longer available.  It will now only be offered during set promotional time frames.  I hope that helps answer your question!

stevelhr Gold

No luck for me .... this is the reply I got from Marriott on my request for a Platinum challenge. ..

"Normally to achieve the Platinum Elite Level you need 75 nights in a calendar year. If an exception is made and a challenge is offered, it is offered to members that have shown they will be able to maintain the level. Your account shows that you have earned 313 elite nights since 2005. This gives you an average of 35 nights a year. Based on this information we are unable to offer you the Platinum challenge"

Rather disappointing that the decision is based on historical stays, knowing that I will have many professional stays this year. Having stayed 313 nights in Marriott hotels is not exactly peanuts ....

Looking back when I initially requested the challenge, I need 1 more stay to achieve the 9 stays .... so I would have complied with the criteria.

ramoneur Platinum

"313 nights in Marriott hotels is not exactly peanuts"

I agree

702rugbyref Platinum

that is a bummer!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...