5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 8:39 AM by dcdecker36 RSS

Keeping Platinum status? Advice

dcdecker36 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

So I have a quick question. I currently have Platinum status, however I have taken 5 months off from traveling (a nice summer sabbatical)... I am at 20 nights now and will probably finish at about 35 nights... not enough to keep plat or even achieve Gold. Next year I will be back to logging the number of nights to be gold/plat again...

Has anyone had an luck in working with Marriott to keep status? Any tips, advice, comments are appreciated

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Keeping Platinum status? Advice
    cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi!

Are you also adding in the nights for your Marriott credit card? That could put you at the top (15 nights for the premier card) for gold.  I don't know how long you have been a platinum member but here is some information on being a lifetime gold or lifetime platinum member. You may also qualify for either, Hope this helps. Also Marriott is very understanding and they may work with you.

Lifetime Platinum Elite status is offered after the following qualifications are met:

Guest has earned 750 Elite nights over the history of the Marriott Rewards account.

Guest has accrued 2,000,000 total points earned during the history of the account.

For Lifetime Gold Elite, the Elite night requirement is 500 nights and the point requirement is 1,600,000.

For Lifetime Silver Elite, the Elite night requirement is 250 nights and the point requirement is 1,200,000.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I'm not positive, but I believe you will be just downgraded to Gold (even if you don't achieve 50 nights) since you are already Platinum.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Downgrades only go one step at a time (Platinum to Gold, Gold to Silver, etc.). Remember that there are no rollover nights on a year in which you drop in Elite status, but it doesn't sound like that will be an issue. Early next year, you may be given the option to spend some MR points to maintain your Platinum status (it's probably worth it). If you decline, you'll still be Gold for the next 12 months.

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews

Unless you already have one, pick up a Marriott affiliated Visa card.  That will kick in a few nights.

Marriott Rewards Credit Card

• Unlimited Point Accumulation
    • 3 points for every $1 spent at 3,600 Marriott locations
    • 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else
    • 10 Nights Credit toward your next Elite membership level every year after account anniversary

dcdecker36 Gold

Thanks guys and gals for the info!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...