1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 8:41 PM by pingreeman RSS

Exactly what does the Marriott promo rate include

cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I always like to know exactly what my Marriott promotional includes before I make a reservation. For example, I was going to make a reservation at a Marriott Suites, there was a AAA Promotional Rate and a AAA Rate. I called the hotel directly, was put on hold for over 9:00 minutes and they said. " we do not have any idea what is included in packages and promotional rates" and then he transferred me to central reservations. (At some of the hotels the AAA promotional rate includes a full breakfast). Central reservations said, the front desk at the hotel would know exactly what's included and was wondering why I was transferred to her. I have booked that rate at other hotels in the area.  I understand that not all packages/ promo rates are the same at all  Marriott Hotels, but I think the front desk should at least have an idea what's included.This is an issue that should be taken care of in my opinion.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Exactly what does the Marriott promo rate include
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Usually you can find the information on the Marriott booking site by taking a couple additional steps when creating a reservation. Specifically, use the "View Rates" button to typically yield a new screen that shows:

• SPECIAL RATES
    • STANDARD RATES
    • ROOM PACKAGES, &
    • MARRIOTT REWARDS OFFERS

Within each, you will see different prices and a "Rate Rules" link which will open a pop-up window describing what the rate includes. Pay particular attention to the Dollars and Room Description because not all room types are available within all the different tabs. For example, a special rate room might be limited to only a "Guest Room 1 King" whereas the next tab has "Guest Room 1 King City View" the latter considered a higher-tier of room type.

Generally, a room package will be more likely to offer a free breakfast or other frills than will a AAA rate -- at least that's been my observation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...