3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2013 6:24 PM by bpelican RSS

Macy's Day Parade

canuck Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Wish to attend the Macy's Day Parade in New York next year and was hoping someone would know if the Marriott Time Square location is good for viewing the parade?  If so, which floor or room location would be best?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Macy's Day Parade
    melissaerb Community Manager Marriott Associate Platinum

What a fun experience! I'm sure that other Insiders will chime in here, but I think this thread may help you with your planning: The specified item was not found.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

oilmasters Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi Canuck,

We attended the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade last year & the weather turned out good, although Hurricane Sandy had come through a few weeks earlier.  We stayed at the Marriott Marquis Times Square which was convenient to restaurants, shops, shows, etc.  A lot of action right outside the hotel.  Also, the hotel was decorated with holiday lights & decor.  I was surprised that the stores in Times Square stayed opened until 2 am.  If you didn't know it was that early, you would think it was just normal hours since so many people were still out & about at that hour.

The parade was on 6th avenue so it was just a block or two away from the hotel, so convenient.  We just walked there & found a spot on the sidewalk.  Go early if you want to be in front, esp. if you have small children, however, the view was good since the balloons are high up.  I don't know which room location would be good to watch the parade from inside the hotel.  I'm not sure, but I think that maybe they changed the parade route last year to 6th ave, but maybe before that you were able to see it from the hotel.  Maybe call the hotel & see if they can tell you which room location.

Have a great time!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Oilmasters post pretty much covers it.  Marriott Marquis is a super hotel in a great location and they are pros. at Customer Service.  Elevators were sometimes problematic when I last was there, but the wait was a small price to pay for such a luxury property.  Enjoy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...