0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2013 4:54 PM by captbigguy RSS

Any Fly Anglers out there? Any good places you've been?

captbigguy Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi... I'm Terry... and I'm a fly fisherman...  Yes it is an addiction for me and quite a few others I've met over the past 10 years I've been swinging the long rod.

Anyone else out there fly fish?

I'm a member of a couple of local FF clubs and the International Federation of Fly Fishers, as well as a board member of the Southern Council of Federation of Fly Fishers (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, and Nebraska.)  I own about 10 fly rods, 12 or so reels, and tie my own flies (one of the best parts about the sport.)  I have fished from the time I was old enough to hold a cane pole, but in 2003 I was introduced to fly fishing and now I rarely pick up any kind of spinning or casting rig.

I fish for bass, crappie, bluegill, white bass, carp (AKA Ozark Bonefish), as well as what everyone thinks we only fish for - trout.  I'm blessed to live within a very short drive of the White River System of Arkansas and Missouri.  The tailwaters of this river is teaming with Rainbow, Cutthroat, and German Brown Trout.  And the Ozarks are full of streams and lakes full of all the other fish that I cast a fly to.

I'm looking for other places to fish - freshwater or saltwater.  Maybe something with a Marriott so I could use points for my stay.  Anyone want to boast about fishing trips to those exotic places or maybe you live near one?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...