6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 12:27 PM by erc RSS

Pricing

marianabunge Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

Just checking why is it that when trying to make a reservation without logging to my Marriott user account I get better deals than when accessing through it?

Also, why is it that Expedia gets lower rates than the ones in Marriotts web page even when being a loyal customer?

Thank you,

Mariana Bunge

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Pricing
    marianabunge Gold

Thank you very much Merb!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

captbigguy Platinum 4 Reviews

Careful, Mariana... If you book through Expedia, you don't get Marriott points...

If I'm wrong about that, Marriott owes me a bunch of points... and nights...

I will say that I get a local rate with the company I'm contracting with and would like to book online, but alas, I can't get that rate if I do...

So I'm also interested in the replies you get...

captbigguy Platinum 4 Reviews

OK.... thanks merb.... You beat me to the keyboard!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Pricing tip!

Always, always, always check the latest hotel prices at places where you have upcoming reservations and it goes for car rentals as well.  I had a two night room booked some two months in advance of an upcoming trip, just checked the rates and the same room type was shown as $30 less per night which could go a long way toward paying for Starbutt's java if we actually drank the stuff.  I booked the lower rate and immediately cancelled the previous reservation however; you have to be a cautious and make sure to read the rate rules before you cancel to make sure you are not going to charged.

merb who is most likely still moving or The specified item was not found., how does this type of situation and the "Look No Further Best Rate Guarantee" wash out?  Curious minds want to know!!   A simple Friday morning question!!

erc Platinum

Your tip is one of the most effective ways of saving money - keep checking the non-cancelable rate, it often moves from the date of the reservation (if it moves up, you feel good - you got a good deal; if it moves down, you jump on the savings). I often just call the Plat line and everything remains the same except the reduced rate.

As far as the LNF - it must be within  24 hours of making the reservation (along with some other rules highlighted below)

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-prices/travel.mi

The LNF guarantee remains unexplored territory for me and I always wonder if I'm leaving big $$$ on the table. Having said that, as a leisure travel bum, I book early enough in advance to get some pretty sweet deals (and if I don't, I don't go - as dejamo might say, "that's showing 'em erccie boy!"). When I explore the LNF on the excellent thread on flyer talk   Post "Look No Further" rate guarantee successes - FlyerTalk Forums    #1 I've often beaten the original rate and #2 many of the times, I beat the Marriott 'punishment' (to the hotel) rate; so much so, I started to wonder if folks just looked for opportunities to use the LNF, which granted, when successful is a significant reduction.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks for the explanation, and like yourself my leisure travel bum self usually finds those great deals yet I'll still recheck the rates before heading out the door. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...