11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2013 3:28 PM by bejacob RSS

Question for Gold/Plat Members- Have you ever been upgraded to a Presidential Suite?

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I've been a little curious if other Gold /Platinum Rewards Members here on Insiders have ever been upgraded to a Presidential Suite.  I been a Platinum rewards member for over 15 years and had the honor once about 5 years ago when attending a conference in Madison Wisconsin at the Madison Marriott West.  If you have please respond below and list the property location.  It will be interesting to see if some properties offer this upgrade more often than others.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Middleton, Wisconsin, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Madison Marriott West
Benton Harbor, Michigan, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Benton Harbor St. Joseph
  • Re: Question for Gold/Plat Members- Have you ever been upgraded to a Presidential Suite?
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Nope.  I did get upgraded to a regular suite though at that Madison Marriott West.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question for Gold/Plat Members- Have you ever been upgraded to a Presidential Suite?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Last year (before I dropped from Gold to Silver due to changes in travel patterns), I got upgraded to the Presidential Suite at the Courtyard in Benton Harbor, Michigan. I think my first apartment was smaller. It was quite an experience. There was a full living room (sofa, a couple chairs, and coffee table), a dining/work table, a desk, king-sized bed on slightly raised area just off the living room, 2 (maybe 3) televisions, a huge bathroom with two sinks, a microwave, coffee maker and fridge (these last three are almost becoming standard). I took a few pictures because I didn't know when the next time I would get such an upgrade and because I didn't know that these kinds of rooms existed at CY. I only stayed one night, but for one person, the room was more than I needed. I may have gotten a better room on a just a regular suite upgrade at the Renaissance in Nashville, but as far as CY goes, it was pretty nice.

suite1.jpgsuite6.jpgsuite2.jpgsuite3.jpgsuite4.jpgsuite5.jpg

Location Brand Hotel
    Benton Harbor, Michigan, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Benton Harbor St. Joseph
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I've had the best suite a RI has to offer a few times while on our work trips to South Jersey...it was called the Penthouse!  Really would have rather been in the king suite and after the first time I had the upgrade when I was told on check-in another time I told them "no thanks, someone far more loyal will be in soon to occupy that room".

Presidential Suite at the Renaissance Greenway Plaza in Houston as well as the JW Galleria long ago on my wife's birthday, both were plush and very nice to get to enjoy.

sacerdos15 Gold 3 Reviews

I am in a bit confused about upgrades.When I travel i usually book the best type of room (eg.corner room,oceanfront}.I am concerned that if I reserve a lower grade room hoping for an upgrade I might not get it,and then end up with a room that i did not want.I would rather risk not getting an upgrade than to be stuck with a room I did not want and knowing that I could have had the room I wanted if I had just pad for it.This matters if one is on vacation rather than on business.

sacerdos15 Gold 3 Reviews

My question was whether to expect an upgrade and reserve a lower type of room or to just go ahead and reserve the type of room I want and pay the price.By the way,I recently made my reservation for florida(early march) for 13 days---the 4th year I have stayed at at the Delray beach Marriott.I was told that since I was a gold elite I would receive an upgrade to a suite.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Hope for an upgrade, but don't expect it. All upgrades are subject to availability (and probably at the discretion of whoever is working the reception desk).

Here's the fine print from the MR benefits page.

Complimentary Room Upgrade: Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis, as determined at the time of check-in. Upgrades are subject to availability and identified by each hotel.

Notice that upgrade might be rooms with better views, but may not be suites. If you really want a specific type of room, counting on an upgrade may not be the best plan.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...