6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 8:34 PM by madmax RSS

International Long Distance

ksolsberg Gold
Currently Being Moderated

What is the flat rate a Gold Rewards member pays to make a call from Canada to the US?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: International Long Distance
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Depends on the property. I can say this - Verizon charges 89-cents a minute, but for $5.99 package, you can get 1000 minutes a month.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

If you're going to travel, and I assume that anyone this interested in a hotel site travels a lot, get Skype. My wife literally spends 2-3 hours a day on the phone between the US and Thailand and I never have to pay for it.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

If you have an Android Phone you may want to consider the "WiCall" app.  The application uses Wifi instead of your service provider to make the phone call.  Most International rates range from 1-4 cents per minute but you prepay in advance.  Here is a link to the Play Store for more info:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wicall

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

ksolsberg, I would recommend adding the app VIBER as it is free long distance calls or texts to any other VIBER user. This is a great tool and it is available for either IPhones or Androids. It saved me bundles when in Japan in May. You never have to worry about where you are or what the hotels charge. Just fyi

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

madmax,

Sounds like a cool app.  I guess the only drawback is the person would have to be running the application at the time for you to be able to call them for free.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Vaboywndr, actually once you install the app and sign up your device will show you who else has the app. Instead of pushing your phone, you push the viber symbol and call through it. It will automatically call them or text them through viber so there is no charge on either end. The only catch is that you can only call people that have viber account. It is absolutely free and I have had no issues with it. Now all my family that have smart phones are on it so I can call or text them while overseas. Hope this is helpful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...