3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2013 2:29 PM by stelzer001 RSS

Deterioration of Elite Status Recognition

richiemac Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have found that being a Platinum Premier Member at Marriott does not carry the expected benefits is once did. While I remained loyal to Marriott during the downturn in the recession, I have noticed that the favor is not being returned.

We can complain until the cows come home, but I truly believe the only solution is to contact Starwood or one of their competitors and ask to be brought over at an equivalent level and wash your hands of Marriott.

I am a lifetime Platinum Member, PP and if enough of us band together to send the message, perhaps it will change for the rest of of our colleagues.

Thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Deterioration of Elite Status Recognition
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I seriously doubt many on MI will disagree with you at all.  Quite a few insiders have already started the trend of less stays if not completely washed their hands and wallet from Marriott.  Myself, I've had well over the 75 nights a year for many years in a row and this year I have barely reached double digits in nights at a Marriott property yet I am pretty sure they could care less. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

richiemac Platinum 4 Reviews

That's really sad. Like someone said on on of their replies, I used to be a Marriott Ambassador and encourage colleagues to stay at the same location as me.

Now I feel less inclined to spread the good word about Marriott and feel more encouraged to ask other colleagues with other loyalty programs which one is the best and why. I am planning my exit strategy from Marriott.

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

IAH and Richiemac: Your views are similiar to mine. I have 75 nights already this year, and none are rollovers. This coming week I reach 750 cumulative nights, so my future stays in the USA will start at other major chains since once I am life plat, what the ongoing benefit?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...