1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 5, 2013 10:45 AM by cruisetraveler RSS

Using Marriott Rewards Visa for Giftcards

redreceipt Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My Marriott Rewards Visa credit card gives me 5X points for using for rooms. Will it still give me the same number of points if I buy Marriott Giftcards on the website? And will I still get the same number of bonus points for the stay?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Marriott Rewards Visa for Giftcards
    cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Here is the information from Chase (access through Marriott)

EARNING POINTS: You will earn 5 points for each $1 of Net Purchases made at participating Marriott® locations. You will earn 2 points for each $1 of Net Purchases made in any of the following categories: car rental agencies; airline tickets –" (I only copy/paste what I thought was necessary)

I think if you buy the giftcard at a marriott hotel and not on the web site, you might be able to get the 5 points for each dollar spent.. I also think you may have to be a registered guest. I have not tried this, maybe another marriott insider has and can comment.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...