1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 3, 2013 8:10 AM by painedplatinum RSS

Renaissance Downtown Phoenix

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I normally do not checkout the Deals and Promotions for the Marriott hotels, but I happened to look when I was thinking about spending 8/31-9/1 at the Renaissance in Downtown Phoenix. They had a "Brews and Notes" package that included breakfast for two, a tour of a downtown Phoenix brewery and two tickets to a John Hiatt concert at a small venue (500+ seats) just blocks from the Ren. when I checked in to confirm my reservation I was told that the brewery was closed on Sunday (which I already knew) so the Ren bar would do their own tasting of "local" brews. We checked in at noon on Sunday and got a 2 PM checkout for Monday. Jacob, the Senior Manager asked what time we wanted to do the beer tasting and made sure that Sandra, with Food and Beverages had everything arranged for us. They would provide us samples of 6 local beers and two appetizers. Even though the concert was only 5 blocks from the Ren I was not sure if I wanted to walk back at after the concert. Jacob asked if we wanted a taxi or a pedicab and we opted for a pedicab. He provided $10 to pay for the pedicab. When we went down to the bar at 4PM, Jamie, the bartender, provided us with 6 oz glasses of the two local tap brews and took our first appetizer order. Sandra stopped by to make sure everything was going well and, at our request, explained her favorites of the appetizers. When we asked her to pick one of the two she could not, so she offered to provide a 3rd appetizer at no cost. During our 2 hours of sampling beer and eating appetizers we had several enjoyable conversations with Jamie. The other beers were in the bottle, so we had a fair amount of beer and appetizers that afternoon. The concert seemed to be enjoyed by everyone. (I have to admit that I have hearing issues due to not wearing hearing protection around Navy jets when I was young and stupid.) As a result of my hearing issues I am not crazy about loud music. I was thinking that John Hiatt would be a little more mellow, but he does good old rock & roll. For breakfast at the Ren we did the full buffet, which I always enjoy at full service Marriotts.The staff at the Ren downtown Phoenix did a top notch job. I may have to be looking at more Deals and Promotions in the future.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phoenix, Arizona, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
  • Re: Renaissance Downtown Phoenix
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

That all sounds very good, Curiousone. Thanks for reporting back.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...