5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2013 12:56 PM by missgee RSS

Government Rate - US and Canada

missgee Silver 40 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello.  I am looking at booking a stay in Canada and would like to book at the government rate.  However, the reservations page specifically mentions Canadian government rates but nothing about whether this includes the US government.  Has anyone ever booked a Canadian government rate but used a US government ID?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Government Rate - US and Canada
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I did at the FFI in Sault Ste Marie, ON over the summer. The discount wasn't as good as the rate offered to Gov't/Military in the U.S., but they accepted my government credentials without issue. GSA sets the government rate around the U.S., but I don't know how things work in Canada.

I got the government rate as listed on the Marriott web site. I expect you'll have no problems.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Kevinwinterborne Gold 3 Reviews

If you have status and have creds you shouldn't have a problem.  I travel to canada a lot and it is getting very hard to find a hotel at the U.S. gov rate.  In the city of Toronto or even at one of the smaller properties out by the airport Mississauga, Brampton, etc...  Don't know why...but they aren't offering the US gov rates all that much anymore in the GTA..

nertes Platinum 4 Reviews

Community manager----most other large US hotel chains offer military rates to military retirees, who have spent decades in a uniform. Marriott only does to those currently on active duty.

Please ask your policy makers to re-consider this, too. Thx.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Thanks everyone. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...