2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2013 10:12 AM by bejacob RSS

Points earned at Marriott brands

fbombs73 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Do you earn points at a different rate at the different Marriott hotels?  I just started a new job and I will be staying at Marriott hotels about 120 nights a year and want to earn the most points I can. Someone told me that you earn only half the points per dollar spent at Residence Inn. Is there somewhere on the Marriott website that tells you how many points you earn at the different hotels?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points earned at Marriott brands
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Please see link below.  You only earn 5 points per $ spent at Residence Inn and Townplace Suites and then only 2.5 points per $ spent at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments.  You earn 10 points per $ spent everywhere else.

Earn Points for Rewards | Get Marriott Points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points earned at Marriott brands
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

In addition, you might consider signing up for the Marriott Rewards Visa card if you haven't already. You'll get 5 point for every dollar spent at Marriott plus 2 points for every dollar spent on airlines, rental cars, and dining. 1 point for every dollar spent on everything else. Once you acheive Platinum status, staying at most Marriotts will get you 20 points per dollar (10 as a rewards member, 5 for the 50% bonus as a platinum elite, and 5 on the MR credit card). BTW, Gold elites get a 25% bonus and Silver elites 20%.

This would really help you max out your points per dollar.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...