7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2013 4:24 PM by emvp RSS

This is not a question, just an expression of dissatisfaction with Marriott Rewards.

emvp Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As a holder of a Marriott Premier Visa one of the perks that included  (and paid for) is the granting of 15 nights credit toward elite status each year.  Since you delayed crediting the 15 nights for 2011 until Jan. 2012 you  did not credit any nights credit for 2012.    Now you say that 2013 nights will be credited in Dec. 2013.  You claim that since the 2011 credit happened in 2012 you have a rule that no more than one 15 night credit can occur in one calendar year.  I know this is relatively trivial, but I feel cheated by Marriott rewards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: This is not a question, just an expression of dissatisfaction with Marriott Rewards.
    cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Thanks for the heads up on that. I just applied for that card last night. I already have the signature card but the Premier Visa gives you more nights!!! and more points. I thought I would cancel my other card for this one, now I am unsure.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: This is not a question, just an expression of dissatisfaction with Marriott Rewards.
      emvp Platinum 3 Reviews

This is the only problem I've had with this card.  Not sure if it has happened to anyone else.  Otherwise am happy with it.

jjofriends Gold 4 Reviews

I signed up for the card in July of last year.  My anniversary just passed, and I got my voucher and 15 nights credit.

It seems it's the timing of the enrollment that created the issue, emvp. Do you recall who you reached out to?  While a Marriott Rewards program, it's managed by Chase, so if you only called one entity, you might try calling the other.  If it's affecting your status, I'd follow up with the Rewards team and explain; perhaps they can counteract that on your behalf.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

weird... I have the card and typically see the points show up around the same time my free night cert shows up...which is also when the annual charge shows up on the card

I've used the heck out of mine, happy to see the chip/pin setup is being added, will make the international trips that much easier

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

I have the original Chase Marriott CC and the newer Chase Signature CC.  The older card gives me 10 nights credit and the newer 15 elite nights credit.  Because of the anniversary dates I get the 10 nights credited then a few months later get the additional 5 nights credited.  Both happen mid-year so there is no issue which year the elite nights will credited towards

johnl Marriott Associate Gold

Hi emvp,

I checked with Marriott Rewards customer service for you and was told that an inquiry has been sent to both the Chase liaison as well as Marriott Rewards Technical Support.

They should be getting back to you once the inquiries are answered.  They said to say thank you for your patience.

I agree with jjofriends that it may just be the timing.

Thanks,

John

emvp Platinum 3 Reviews

Thanks for the help.

The puzzling thing is that although Marriott/Chase show my Card anniversary/ expiration date as 12/28 Chase charges the annual fee on 7/1.  They issue the category 1-5 1night stay in December but in the past have credited the 15 nights in Jan.  They issued the one night stay certificate in Dec. 2012 but no 15 night credit in either Dec.2012 or Jan.2013.  A Marriott Rewards Customer Service supervisor said that since they have a rule that no more than one 15 night credit can be issued in  year they will credit 15 nights on Dec 28,2013.  If they actually credit 15 nights on  Dec. 28 it will not affect my Platinum status, but if it is in Jan. it will.  The long and the short of it that for years 2011,2012 and 2013 they will have credited 30 nights not 45 as they are supposed to.  I have talked to both Chase and Marriott Rewards customer service and don't expect any action by either at this point.  Just wanted to vent after months of run around.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...