2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2013 2:20 PM by mikiegfla RSS

Marco Island or other Florida resort for tweens?

betaboo Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Looking for advice for a beach resort that has activities for tweens?  My boys will be 12 and 13 when we go for spring break next April, and thus too old for the kids' club.  We

would love a place on the beach, with activities nearby- maybe a water part, etc.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Florida, USA
  • Re: Marco Island or other Florida resort for tweens?
    ansaa Member

Hi betaboo! Thanks for your post.  If you're looking for information on Marco Island, I can personally attest to a great stay at the Marco Island Marriott Resort and Spa.  My family and I have traveled to Marco Island over the years and we have stayed at this Marriott property a number of times. It's a gorgeous property and really great for families. They have a beautiful beach and fun water-related activities like parasailing and jet skiing (or just hanging out on the beach all day!).  If you need recommendations on places to eat on Marco Island, I'm happy to help there as well.

Okay fellow Insiders, sound off! Any advice on stays on Marco Island or other areas of Florida that are tween-friendly?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marco Island or other Florida resort for tweens?
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I just got back from a long weekend at Marco but stayed at the Crystal Shores timeshare. Both properties are great and are on a wide expanse of beach. Let me caution you, the beach is not a fine powdered sand but crushed shells, so footwear is essential.

There are plenty of restaurants on the island and we very much enjoyed CJ's and Fin Bistro. There's also an abundance of places for breakfast and we liked NeNe's, Susie's Diner and Hoots.

There are concessions on the beach for recreation, from parasailing to Seadoo rentals.

Naples is a very short drive and we made it in about 25 minutes.

Enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...