8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2013 9:48 AM by fschumpert RSS

3 day weekend on east coast

nclindab Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We have three one-night certificates and we want to use them for a 3 day weekend in the next few months. Needs to be no more than a category 4.

We live in eastern North Carolina and we can fly or drive....looking for a good Marriott to relax and get away. We prefer close to water, but not necessary, and in a location where there are restaurants and lounges within walking distance.  Would love to find a place that we enjoy and can return again and again.

Any suggestions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 3 day weekend on east coast
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

nclindab,

That's a tough one.  It's hard to find good category 4 properties that are both close to water and in walking distance to restaurants.  I found a copule that may somewhat fit the bill:

Courtyard Lake Buena Vista (Orlando)- Close to Disney and has outdoor pool on site and near a Lake, Restaurants in walking distance, Free Shuttle to Disney.  I stayed here a couple of times about 10 years ago and it was a pretty nice property then.  Now when I go to the area I prefer to stay at one of the Vacation Club Properties which are much higher than Category 4.

Lake Buena Vista Hotels | Courtyard Hotel in Lake Buena Vista FL

Courtyard St. Petersburg (Near Tampa)- I've not visited this hotel but it has gotten excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.  Located in a Downtown area of St. Petersburg and in walking distance to many different restuarants.  Some of the rooms have a bay view and the hotel offers a free shuttle to the beach.

Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown: St. Petersburg Business Hotels

A lot of times I make use of my Category 4 certificates in the Northern VA/DC area where there are many good Category 4 hotel options.  You can always stay at one of the hotels located near a Metro Station in the area and then don't have to drive around to access many different tourist sites in addition to shops/restaurants.  I'll be glad to make recommendations if Northern Va/DC is of interest to you.  Good luck with your planning!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

We frequently drive to the Marriott Grande Ocean, Hilton Head, SC, and Marriott Ocean Watch Villas at Grande Dunes, Myrtle Beach, SC, from our home in TN - would be just as close from NC. Might check some photos I posted at both places on photo pages. We normally use our MVC points at these places.

FredMyrtle Beach-Litchfield - 2013 031.jpg(Myrtle Beach Hotel, right, MVC villas, left)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

These are the two best ocean resorts in SC and maybe the whole east coast.  They pretty much have everything you could want.

erc Platinum

Along with vaboywndr's suggestion, that there are some nice Cat. 4 properties in Northern Virginia that I've stayed at and enjoyed, like the Residence Inn Pentagon City (near the Potomac) and several Old Town Alexandria Va (a SpringHill with free parking and some nice Res. Inns that charge around $20 for parking) properties that you could stroll along the Potomac with huge amounts of restaurants and shops, here are a few more ideas of well run properties that might meet your criteria that you may want to take a look at:

Renaissance Portsmouth Va. - Cat. 4 - $10 parking

Marriott Newport News City Center - Cat. 4 - $6 parking (built around a lake with shops around it)

and a bit of a wild card

Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center - Free parking

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/73126#73126

Good luck toward a great trip

Myrtle Beach-Litchfield - 2013 031.jpgMyrtle Beach  Marriott Ocean Watch Villas, or Marriott Hotel, is our favorite beach in S.C. (above photo), with Hilton Head Grande Ocean Villas (below); however, beaches are not quite as white sand as at Myrtle. Both are driving distances from N.C.

DSCN0006.JPGSunrise from villa porch.

Fred

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Those are really nice properties...however the orginial poster was looking for Category 4 or lower suggestions.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I believe that there is a CY on the beach in JAX Beach .

There's Courtyard at North Myrtle Beach, not on beach, and not far from Ocean Watch Villas and hotel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...