4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2013 1:01 AM by zukracer RSS

Upgrades with Points

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm supposed to be fairly computer literate but I'm at a complete loss as to how to do this online. I have made a reservation. I see the general instructions under Marriott Rewards about upgrading with points. It tells me to look in the room description for details.

I have searched high and low all over the reservation, room details, tried cancelling and starting over, tried changing the existing reservation, anything I can think of. I see nothing in the reservation whatsoever to allow me to request a points upgrade.

So how do I do it? Where did you hide the "Upgrade with points" button.

The specific hotel is the JWM in Bangkok Thailand.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upgrades with Points
    missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I don't recall ever seeing an "upgrade with points" button.  I have seen the ability to upgrade with cash, though.  When you book using points you will come to a page which offers upgrades by adding cash.  Perhaps this is what you are referring to?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Ahhh, I see what you are referring to now.  It looks like the property you are trying to do this with may not be one of those "select Marriott Hotels" which are participating in this.

Upgrade to a preferred view room or larger suite for points or cash. Available at select Marriott Hotels and Resorts® and

The Ritz-Carlton® hotels.

Free Hotel Stay and Hotel Upgrade from Marriott

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Once, I upgraded with points.  I believe it was 5,000 points per night to go from a city view to an ocean view room.  I was using points for the stay and upgrading with either points or cash was an option

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I just did this for my stay in St Thomas.  I simply called the reservation line and the agent that got my call sorted it all out.  I told her what I wanted, she told me the amount of points.  I had no clue about upgrade via points, she just said two hundred thousand something points and I said sure to whatever the actual number was.... I saw after I looked at my account that it was actually the base 160k points plus many lines of

Reward

010 ROOM UPGRADE - 1 NIGHT

So its possible, I haven't a clue how to do it online and would likely get frustrated trying to figure it out.  Just call them and say this is what I want, how much

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...