5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2013 8:44 AM by fschumpert RSS

Shopping in Italy

tolzy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

we will be spending time in the heart  Florence, Pisa and Rome. Is there one shop in each city a woman shouldn't miss?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Italy
  • Re: Shopping in Italy
    lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

I am not able to answer your question, but it reminded me of a shopping experience in Italy.  This was a while ago when Lira was the currency.

My wife wanted to buy a nice black tee shirt (that's probably not exactly what it is called).  We went into a nice woman's store in Rome and immediately had three ladies helping us.  The service was just fantastic - nothing like we had ever experienced.  My wife finally selected a shirt and I paid for it.  Back at the hotel I looked at the receipt and calculated what we had paid in U S dollars.  It turned out to be $135!  Yikes.  But...the service was fantastic.  And...my wife still has the shirt. Good luck on your shopping in Italy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

You will have to visit the Ponte Vecchio - but bring money.  Some of the most beautiful gold jewelry you will ever see - all 18k. 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Don't you mean a "Brinks truck"!

18kt gold, and now gold is increasing in value!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

If you prefer designer fashion - especially for women - merchandise there is an outlet SE of Florence at Incisa just off the E35. You can inquire about directions from most any hotel in Florence (Firenze). Otherwise, our best bargains have been in smaller towns like San Gimignano,  Montepulciano, south of Florence, and Lucca, SW of Florence.

Fred

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...