2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2013 11:44 AM by iahflyr RSS

$50 Unused Cash Deposit returned by Mail?

swimmer Member
Currently Being Moderated

The following notice appears on the Marriott hotel reservations pages:

• Please Note –  USD 50 deposit for incidentals required for cash paying guests. Unused deposit will be refunded by mail after check-out.

I have some thoughts about this policy that I'd like to share here and receive feedback:

Does Marriott endorse sending the unused cash deposit back as cash to the guest by mail?

Exactly how is the deposit refunded? The policy isn't well explained where its displayed.

It seeems that if a hotel guest has only cash for payment, then they may not have a bank account or credit card account.

In that case, I would think that the deposit could be returned as a money order of some sort, and one that's easily redeemable by the cash paying guest.

Is this sort of deposit refunding practiced by other hotels? The policy doesn't seem to be guest friendly.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: $50 Unused Cash Deposit returned by Mail?
    erc Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

This is an interesting (new to me, at least) question. Because she's on a west coast timeline (and stayed up all night worried IAHFLYR might drive by ), and since this post will be 150 or more posts down the tunnel by time she awakens, let's toss this one over to superstar responder merb.

What say you, superstar? Thanks for the research.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...