3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2013 9:29 AM by tef6178 RSS

Pre paid room - how long before Marriott take the money?

thecamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For the first time I've elected to pre pay for a room - for once I know I am definitely travelling so it made sense to save the 10% or so to pre pay.

However, I booked the room 2 weeks ago and they still have taken the money.

Anyone know when they are likely to take the payment?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Pre paid room - how long before Marriott take the money?
    sg1974 Gold

I had booked the AC Bologna hotel earlier in the year on a prepaid rate about a week before our stay.

The money was taken out when we checked out of the hotel.

This was the first time that I had booked a prepaid rate with Marriott.

Perhaps this is the procedure for the Marriott group?

Other hotel chains such as Accor will take the money when you have booked if it is a prepaid rate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

taxman415 Platinum

I have seen various Marriott locations process the advance immediately after booking while I have other properties take the money only a few days prior to arrival...
    Happy Hunting...

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

thecamel:

Take a look at the cancellation policy for the pre-pay that you booked. If the cancel policy allows for cancellation up to 14 days prior to your stay they likely will take the prepayment just after that 14 day window passes. If someone cancels the pre-pay before the 14 day window (as they are entitled to do) then the refunding and so on becomes a nightmare for the hotel. On the other hand, if the cancel policy is no cancellation they will take the money right away. So my advice is to be guided by the cancellation window as to when they take the money for the pre-pay.

As a side note.....if the cancel policy is 14 days prior keep following the rates as they may change to a better rate for a promo or some other scenario. If they do, cancel the pre-pay and re-book at the better rate.

Happy Travels!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...