5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2013 10:12 PM by Book_Worm RSS

Full service Marriotts AC is awful.

mjvbfpa Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a Marriott member for 12 years.  I used to stay exclusively at the full service Marriotts, (Platinum elite member every year it has been available).  Does anyone else notice that the rooms cannot get any cooler than 68 degrees?  The thermostat goes down to 65, but the room never cools down.  This is at all full service Marriotts in the VA, MD, DC area.  Doesn't matter what time of the year, except winter, they seem to turn off the AC.  I had one Marriott front desk person tell me that they turn off AC capabilities in the winter mths.  This last mth, I stayed at the Pooks Hill Marriott two different weeks, 4 days each week,  in Bethesda and the room would not get below 68 degrees.  I called the front desk and they sent up a maintenance person, but he said AC was working!

I am going no longer going to stay at full service Marriotts.  When I sleep at night, I would like to have the room at least 65 degrees.  No issue at any other hotel, Hilton properties included.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Full service Marriotts AC is awful.
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I agree that the A/C is bad at many Marriotts.  I think it is even worse at Fairfield Inns and Courtyards can be bad too.  Hilton has consistently nice A/C.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I know that some A/C units are only capable of cooling down to 20 degrees less than the outside temperature.  No idea what type of units are installed in various properties, though.  Try turning down the temp in increments.  It makes it easier for the unit to attain the setting.

johnboy Platinum

I had have the same problem in almost every summer vacation location that I have been.

The service desk usually apologizes and provides some compensation, but I'm still hot.

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

I thought I was the only one who had this issue with the AC. So few FS mArr or Rens allow the temp to go where I want it (like 65 or 66). Shame, Will be life plat this week, then hasta la vista. Just one more issue I have with Marriott since Bill retired and allowed paid monkeys to ruin his good name.

Book_Worm Platinum 8 Reviews

Just as bad are the ACs run by motion detectors. I hate waking up knowing that I have to get up, walk in front of the sensor so that the AC comes back on, and then try to go back to sleep, only to go through the same exercise a couple of hours later. I will no longer stay at the Austin Marriott because of this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...