17 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 6:46 PM by iahflyr RSS

Virtual Concierge?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We will be staying across town tomorrow night as a quick little getaway and since we've most likely lost the platinum arrival gift (maybe at this place we'll get it) I thought I'd send the Virtual Concierge a request for a bottle of wine and some fruit to be in the room when we arrive at check-in time or just before.  Here is the message I received in return:

Because you're within 24 hours of arrival, we won't be able to take your requests with this form, but you can call the hotel directly with any request.

Well it isn't within 24 hours of arrival as check-in time is 4 P.M. and it was just after noon today when I sent the request.  This is the first time I've seen this and I've used the Virtual Concierge many times a day before arrival outside of the 24 hours from check-in.

My questions are, how many of you out there in MI land use the Virtual Concierge and for what type of services have you requested?  How often when you've requested something has the hotel failed to deliver?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Houston
  • Re: Virtual Concierge?
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I used the virtual concierge once before, last month at the Detroit Airport Marriott. I checked in on my app and it was just the same as a normal check-in. I didnt receive anything extra, it was a good stay but nothing different or better than I always receive at Marriott. I really have yet to see any added benefit from the VC.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

If I can remember, I try to use it at all full service hotels. Those for me would be Renaissance and Marriotts. 100% of the time outside of the U. S. I get a favorable response. I'd say about 50% in the U.S. the small things I ask for are taken care of prior to arrival.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I have only one experience with the VC and it was here in Ok at the Renaissance. I asked for one of their mini-fridges and an ice bucket and both were in room when we checked in. I used the VC at the Orlando JW Grand Lakes for next week and again asked for mini fridge in my room and for best possible lakeview room to see the fireworks on the lake Labor Day. I will let you know how that comes out when I return.

sewettav Platinum 1 Reviews

I use it for full service Marriotts to request an upgrade and early arrival if pertinent.  I sometimes receive the 24 hour notice and sometimes a response indicating they have received my request.

erc Platinum

I use it almost exclusively for early arrival (remember when that used to be part of our profile?) and an occasional side of the property request (meaning view). Since only my wife and I are involved and we're out and about, I seldom need any additional space. If anything resembling a human responds, I promptly write back thanking them for their efforts (successful or not) and tell (warn ) them I'll see them soon (adding the human touch often increases the quality of my stay, since for the most part, associates want to satisfy their customers).

erc,

If I get a glimpse of any humanoid I also respond as fast as I am able with the thank you and often it gets us into a better room location or so I've been told!

blackbronco Silver 5 Reviews

I have never used this service and may do so in the future.  Thanks this is helpful information.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes,

Thanks for the information, I didn't even know about this, and have never used it!

JC,

After you make a reservation and get the confirming email.....scroll down a bit and you'll see a section that has this Virtual Concierge. Click on the link and send in your requests.

I'm pretty sure it's only available at Full Service properties.  I used it for China, St Louis, and Charlotte in the last few months. Worked like a charm.

CORRECTION....The Virtual Concierge does not show up on the confirmation email..it shows up on the "reminder of your upcoming stay" email....Thanks to IAHFLYR   for catching this mistake.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

pp,

Thanks, will try it out!

This is a great idea.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

painedplatinum   Just checked the confirmation email for my upcoming stay at the Marriott in Panama next month - didn't find any such link....  I'm guessing I was singled out because I complained about the Renaissance Freaky Doors contest (or something like that)....  Alas....

ssindc,

The virtual concierge I am referring to will be in the reminder of your upcoming stay that should appear in your email 7-8 days ahead.

ssindc and IAHFLYR.....Now you have me thinking. I know I see the link but maybe it as in the reminder email. I sometimes keep these, let me take a look!

ss,,

Sorry for the bad information IAH is correct, it shows up on the "reminder" email, not the original confirmation email. I went back and corrected my earlier post.

Hey I got one in a row right.  Ya can't get two in a row if you don't get one in a row!!!

I just got my email reminder from our hotel in PDX for Labor Day weekend......they've always given a personal reply after I ask for a special item or two or early check-in, we love the https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pdxct-portland-marriott-city-center/.

seanhagerty Platinum 5 Reviews

I never knew about this virtual concierge.  Thanks for the info!!

Sean

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...