17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2014 12:13 PM by ssindc RSS

Discovery Doors, created by Renaissance Hotels

bobbycullen Member
Currently Being Moderated

Discovery Doors, created by Renaissance Hotels

I played the game last Friday, August 23, and opened a door and it said I won. I received an email stating I won and it had a link to verify. I clicked the link and it took be to a website that had a form to fill out to verify my win. So I filled it out and it stated that I would be contacted soon. I haven't received any additional information. Who can I contact for questions about this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Discovery Doors, created by Renaissance Hotels
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Congratulations on your win!  I'm curious what did you win in the contest??

I looked at the contest page and couldn't find any contact info in the fine print.  I recommend calling the Marriott Rewards Customer Service Number to get assistance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

ssindc  as our intrepid Discovery Doors archivist, I thought you might enjoy following this tread, as we wait to see the outcome of an actual trip winner.

bobbycullen Member

I spoke with a Renaissance customer care representative this morning and she is doing some research and is supposed to get back to me with information. I also called and left a message with the agency managing the promotion, Don Jagoda Associates. The rules state, “Each potential Grand, First and Second Prize winner will be sent (via email) an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) ("Affidavit") and will be required to complete, sign and return Affidavit via mail within seven (7) days of being notified in order to claim his/her prize.” I’m waiting to receive via email the Affidavit.

bobbycullen Member

Don Jagoda Associates called me back yesterday. Looks like I'm a winner! First prize, the National Discovery Trip!!

A 7-day/6-night trip to one of the following destinations
    (based on a first come, first served basis): New York, NY; Chicago, IL;
    Atlanta, GA; St. Petersburg, FL : New Orleans, LA; Washington DC; Boston, MA;
    or Palm Springs, CA; and $500 to help defray taxes. Trip location per winner is
    at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Trip includes round-trip coach class air
    transportation from the major airport nearest winner's residence to selected
    destination and hotel accommodations (one room, based on double occupancy).

The estimated retail value of this prize is $4,000.

I received my affidavit forms last night, had them notarized this morning and dropped them in the mail. Very excited!!!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Congrats (but oh so jealous)!!!!  That's awesome!!!!

ENJOY!!!!

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

bobbycullen, so happy for you!! Your win certainly helps take away some of the annoyance I experienced with this game!! I know we would love to here what your destination ends up being & how great your trip was....keep us posted, please!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Congrats bobby!  Like ssindc I'm also jealous!  Good to know there is a reason to keep opening the doors!

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Wowee!!!  That is AWESOME!!  Congratulations, bobbycullen!!!

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

I really tried to be "cool" enough for this ridiculous game. Forget that it freezes up nearly every time I log on. That is annoying....but the graphics, the music, the scenes are so NOT THE MARRIOTT BRAND....CREEPY...SINISTER...POINTLESS... I have shared the "game" with my teen nephews and 20's nephews and they don't get it either. Some might say why did you continue to "play the game".....I know....I just really wanted to give it  a chance. If the market Renaissance is trying to appeal to is someone who would like these videos, vignettes then they have left a cool, discerning and tasteful group of Marriott enthusiasts out.  And happy to be out.

bluefairy Platinum 2 Reviews

Congratulations bobbycullen! Glad you won early on (the thought of even opening up the link to the doors site is icky) now where are the other winners,  were they trapped in those weird rooms, forced to become marionettes or entranced to clean up the messes of the creepy people at this key party...
    I prefer games that give you clues to answer questions about Marriott properties, Marriott values, or Marriott Customer experiences. Say 10 points a question, 1k bonus at 100 questions, something

bobbycullen Member

Sorry to wake up an old thread but...

I just want to wrap-up this contest thread.

My wife and I just got back from our 7-day/6-night stay at the Renaissance on Time Square in New York. It was AWESOME! It was my first time to New York and we had a blast. The prize included our airfare from DFW to New York and about two weeks before the trip we received our $500 check to cover taxes and fees. We arrived Saturday afternoon and were given a room on the top (26th) floor. The room was beautiful with a large shower in the bathroom. There was a bottle of wine and cheese and fruit tray waiting for us in the room. Upon check-in, we were given a complimentary card for an appetizer in the R Lounge that overlooks Time Square. The food in the R Lounge was great! The view of Time Square is incredible. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed meeting Omar, the Navigator.

I did find it odd that nobody knew we were prize winners. That was fine; I just thought we would be identified, "Hey! Congratulations on your First Place Prize!" Photo-op for promotions, that sort of thing. And I didn't think about it until Thursday that the prize was supposed to include, "a local tour personally curated by the hotel’s R Navigator." I guess all that really mattered is that after 6 nights we left with just a bill for the food we ate in the R Lounge and charged to the room.

Thank you Renaissance (and Marriott) for a fantastic prize!