10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2014 9:50 AM by fschumpert RSS

Caribbean Properties

bruins Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Looking to get out of the Seattle winter with a trip to the Carribean In February.  I would appreciate on any opinions/comments about different properties where my platinum status would provide upgrade benefits.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Carribean
  • Re: Caribbean Properties
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Leave Seattle, you can't leave Seattle!!

We have been to a little gem and will be returning in January that is just off of Tortola, great spot for a couple to relax and get away from it all.  https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/eisak-scrub-island-resort-spa-and-marina-autograph-collection/.  Here are some pictures of our last journey there from the MI photo albums.  http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/photoAlbums/1390.  I didn't want to take a chance on not having a room with a kitchen so we could make our own dinners with some of the fresh catch taken from the local waters that I booked the suite so I can't give you any information on upgrades.

Grand Cayman was a great location on the island however; the hotel was not our favorite spot as it was in need of remodeling the rooms although the lobby an courtyard were lovely.

There are plenty of reviews for the other islands with Marriott properties on them, some good and some not so good.  The type of vacation you want to include activities might lead you toward a specific island or hotel.

Have some of the great northwest seafood for me before you leave and keep us posted on what you pick for the vacation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

Love enjoy the island of Aruba. Definately the place for r & r & r. The Marriott hotel is very nice as well as timeshare locations.

eight50fun Platinum 1 Reviews

ST kitts- never would go back

grand cayman marriot- walked through but did not stay, looked tired, beat up, and dissapointing

grand cayman ritz- very nice and I would go back in a heart beat, lots of young kids fyi

marriott Aruba- nice and would go back. Great breakfast.  tough to get a chair at the pool and I felt like every complaining long islander was there on vacation but that was over Xmas so take into account

marriott st. Thomas- didn't go myself but have had 2 different couples tell me it was ok but they probably wouldn't go back

Excellent information eight50fun, gives me an idea of some other islands where NOT to go!

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Having stayed at the Marriott in Grand Cayman I would echo eight50fun's read on the property.  It was a quality stay - the beach was beautiful, the pool bar/restaurant was great, but the property could use some updating. 

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

We have reservations at Frenchman's Cove, St. Thomas, V.I., later this year, using our Marriott Vacation Club points. Thought about St. Croix, but we can't fly there directly from Atlanta (using my Delta points), but have to take another commuter flight from one of the other islands. There are many things to do on the island, especially at the resort - there's even an entertainment fee included in your room rate - unless you're staying in the villas. Free parking on the site, approximately $35.00 taxi from airport otherwise.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sttuv-marriotts-frenchmans-cove/

We're giving one of our grandsons a honeymoon trip with his bride here as well - but not same time we're there!

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

My parents just got back from Grand Cayman and said all the rooms have been renovated. also, some more furniture has been added to the courtyard.

That's great news as the rooms last year were in a very sad state of repair, it was such a shame for a easy to reach and gorgeous island.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Which island property are you referring to?

Sorry, Grand Cayman Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...