9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2013 6:08 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

The Athens Ledra does it again!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

While I realize it seems like asking too much to have another associate from the Athens Ledra win the Spirit to Serve Award (Kalliopi, now at Cannes, won it in the spring), I would like to nominate Nadia Sakouli, Manager on Duty and Guest Relations Supervisor.  I stayed at the Ledra both before and after my four day cruise and each time was given a beautiful suite. On both days, I was sent a large complimentary fresh fruit basket. Liene, who is also amazing, checked me in the first day, and then when I returned after the cruise (at 6:50am no less), I was immediately welcomed back and given a present!  The desk associate actually apologized for not giving it to me the previous Saturday.  It was from Nadia, who had learned from Kalliopi that I had bought various Greek vases in the gift shop last spring.  Beautifully wrapped, it was a statue of Athena bottle with ouzo.  That was just the beginning.  On the cruise, I had met a new friend, Annemarie, and she decided to come over the last day so we could share last stories of the cruise in the Concierge Lounge.  (The CL is spectacular, as always -- I don't have enough superlatives about the Athens Ledra to convey how fabulous this hotel and all its staff are.)  I wanted to show her my room because her parents are considering a trip to Greece in the next year or so, and she was stunned at the size and beauty of it.  As soon as we got there my phone rang and it was Nadia, whom I had not yet met. She had called the CL but they told her I just left but said she said she wanted to meet me, so to be sure to stop by that evening.

When Annemarie was ready to leave, I asked at the CL desk for Nadia.  She was great!  She greeted me with the two kisses as Europeans do with friends, and I introduced her to Annemarie and explained that AM's parents might be interested in staying at the Ledra.  She gave her her card and told her to have them contact her directly.  Then she went out with Annemarie to help her get a cab that could find her hotel in downtown Athens without problems.

I was worried that with the departure of Kalliopi that the experience at the Ledra might have changed.  Quite the contrary.  I remain convinced this is the best Marriott in the world, and it is because of Nadia, Liene, Calypso, Du'u (I might have spelled her name wrong), the CL staff, other associates and the wonderful housekeepers.  I nominate Nadia for a Spirit to Serve Award.  Even as the Greek economy continues to suffer, the Athens Ledra goes out of its way to welcome its guests in every possible way. 

Sincerely,

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Athens, Greece Marriott Hotels & Resorts Athens Ledra Marriott Hotel
  • Re: The Athens Ledra does it again!
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Prof,

Great to hear all is going well and you again are loving the Ledra, it makes such a difference when a property matches an associate with a field they excel.  Enjoy the rest of your trip and safe travels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ansaa Member

This is wonderful, profchiara! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and for your nomination!

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Great experience, Profc!!  Really great to hear and glad you had such a wonderful trip. 

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

You did it again profchiara!! You share your experiences in a way that makes me want to experience it, as well.  Thanks!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

Thanks for sharing this experience with us!

Sounds like a wonderful property and outstanding staff!

Makes many of us want to visit this location!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

prof:

Glad all is still great at this property! We Are looking forward to staying there next year when we do our 'island cruise'!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Thanks for all your comments!  When I get un-jetlagged and finish preparing for the start of class I'll attach some photos and commentary of my cruise (Mykonos, Ephesus, Patmos, Rhodes, Crete and Santorini).  It was spectacular!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

Can't wait to see the photo's and hear more details!  That really sounds like a trip of a lifetime!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Haven't  been to the other places but Ephesus was fantastic, wasn't it?  Look forward to your report and photos!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...