5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2013 11:36 PM by vaboywnder RSS

What is your favorite Category 6 hotel?

dbmbonthego Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I really appreciated the discussion of people's favorite Category 4 hotels.  We have a 7 night certificate for Category 1-6 hotels to use, so I would like to hear what are some favorite Category 6 hotels of Marriott Insiders!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What is your favorite Category 6 hotel?
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I haven't been to either, but JW Marriott Marquis Miami and Hotel Beaux Arts Miami both look very nice and maybe a great value in the US for a Category 6 hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sg1974 Gold

We are just back from Paris and I thought the Renaissance La Defense was a good use of points for a category 6 hotel.

Probably not the ideal location for a first time visitor to Paris. But if you have been before then this is value compared to the centrally located category 8 or 9 hotels.

The hotel has very good transport links to all the main sights.

Hotel La Defense | Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, Paris Hotel La Defense

erc Platinum

In looking through the Category 6's where I've had excellent stays that stood out as exceptional (I've had many fine stays at other 6's like the Marriott Metro Center in DC), here are my favorites. The three vacation clubs come with the usual caveat about Vacation Club 'coin toss' fortune of room location, i.e. my first room at Newport Coast looked into the trunks of pine trees where I could easily have been at my neighborhood playground/park; when I was 'lucky' enough to be moved to an oceanview, my vacation experience went up 100%.

Newport Coast Villas - Newport Beach Ca

Timber Ridge - Lake Tahoe

Marriott's Grand Ocean - Hilton Head SC

Full Service Properties where the property and its service matched the location

JW Marriott Rosseau Muskoka Resort - Ontario Canada

Mayflower - Washington DC

Marriott Orlando World Center

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle (warning, small not cozy, but less than large rooms - perhaps should be in my list below about cities)

These I tossed in for anyone wanting to vacation in the city (I'm a sucker for SpringHills, had great service and love Chicago)

SpringHill Suites Downtown/River North - Chicago  (this is attached to the Residence Inn which is also a 6, so take your pick)

New Orleans Marriott

And similar to the purpose of this post, I read the glowing comments about the JW and head there in September;

JW Marriott Indianapolis

taxman415 Platinum

I like the Marriott Orlando World Center only when traveling with the family... The have a great (recently renovated) pool area... Service in other areas is a little sparse since this a typical convention hotel... Happy Hunting...

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Here are some of my favorite Category 6 Hotels:

JW Marriott Buckhead, Atlanta GA -- Recently remodeled, Friendly staff, Great location in Buckhead.  Connected to a large shopping mall and easy access to MARTA (subway).

Toronto Marriott Eaton Center, Toronto-  Nice Hotel in Downtown Toronto, close to shopping and many restaurants and theaters

Raleigh Renaissance North Hills- Best Hotel in Raleigh, also close to shopping and restaurants.  Hotel also gives its guests free access to the Gold's Gym which is connected next door.

Here are a couple of Category 6 Hotels that would be on my wish list:

Casa Magna Marriott in Cancun

JW Marriott - Las Vegas

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...