2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2013 4:43 PM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

LA Beach Hotel near LAX

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I need a family-friendly hotel near a nice beach in Los Angeles fairly close to LAX for a one-night stay with the kids.  It looks like JW Marriott Le Merigot is within walking distance of the Santa Monica Pier.  Can you walk to a beach from that one?  It is ok for kids?  It seems geared toward couples/adults.  Or what about the Marriott Marina Del Rey?  That one says its 3 blocks from Venice Beach, but the map makes it look further away.  Any other suggestions?  My kids are 5 and 7.  We won't have a car and need to be able to walk to a beach.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Los Angeles, CA, USA
  • Re: LA Beach Hotel near LAX
    curiousone Platinum

My wife and I are staying at the Merigot in October with the intent that it does not look too kid friendly. (Sorry, I figured out in kindergarten that I did not like kids.) The Marina looks like it may be 3 blocks from a harbor beach, but not the Pacific ocean beach. Prior to the Merigot we will spend 1 night at the Double Tree Santa Monica, which is a few blocks inland from the Merigot. I would be interested in hearing about your trip when it is done.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: LA Beach Hotel near LAX
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Santa Monica, in general, is family friendly (that property is a quick walk to the beach).  Venice is more hipster and artsy.  Marina Del Rey Marriott is great if you want to look at the boats or bike ride around the beautiful waterfront, but it is not really close to the beach.

Manhattan Beach is very family friendly, but the property there is not that close to the beach.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...