8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2013 5:01 PM by keg17 RSS

How do you get concierge level access?

keg17 Member
Currently Being Moderated

I am new to Marriott Rewards--I usually stay at a different chain--will be staying at the Marriott Washingtonian for a family wedding.  Is there a way to access the concierge level by paying extra for the room or do you have to be at a certain rewards level?  In other chains, you're able to pay an extra fee for Concierge Club access and I was curious if that is possible here.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center
  • Re: How do you get concierge level access?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi Keg17

welcome to Marriott Insiders.  While there is a wealth of information on this site, I cannot recall ever seeing a way to achieve what you're looking for.  Good Luck and safe travels.

shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

keg17 - I don't think it's like the airlines, where you can buy a standalone airline club membership (for the year) or purchase day passes.  But there is no harm in calling the hotel (or the manager) and asking.  In the hospitality industry, it's not unusual to learn that anything can be had for a price.

shoeman1000 - earlier this year, when I was in Singapore with a couple of (non-Marriott-type) colleagues, I called the hotel in advance.  My colleagues were quoted a stiff (high, but - in context - reasonable) daily rate for access to the concierge-level and the lounge.  We all considered it a win-win.  More information on that stay buried in this thread:  Singapore Marriot Review

erc Platinum

We have family out that way, so we have folks staying out there often. If available (we've had a few times where there aren't any rooms available due to the high number of elites staying that night) the Concierge Level normally runs about $30 more than their standard rate. So for example, if the weeknight rate (remember their lounge is closed on weekends, although you would probably be entitled to the elite breakfast available in restaurant - but then you may well be better off of course, just buying breakfast whenever/wherever you wanted) is $209, a lakeview rate would be about $229 and the Concierge Lounge level with access would be about $239. Depending on the size of your group, you may well have better rates, so see if you can be upgraded for the $30 differential.  Enjoy the wedding.

You may not get a chance with all of the activity, but if you get any free time, there's plenty to do in walking distance right around the scenic lake.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/73126#73126

buckwheat Platinum 2 Reviews

Sometimes it's possible to confirm a room on the Concierge level where one would automatically have access to the lounge.  Generally, the larger the city, the better the 'spread' and therefore the tougher it is to get in.  All in all, it might not hurt to just knock on the door of the lounge or just stay enough nights and 'walk right in'.  Good luck!Fran's 90th Birthday. Detroit 2008 048.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              A piece of cake at my Mother's 90th Birthday in the lounge at the Marriott near Detroit.

erc Platinum

Of course your odds of entrance go up dramatically when you take a good looking woman celebrating her birthday with you.  We like to bark and moan every now and then about this and that with the Rewards program, but this is what it's all about, living well. Way to go. Keep on keepin' on.

blackbronco Silver 5 Reviews

I believe you cannot purchase concierge level access and also remember that the concierge level is NOT opened on weekends, but again maybe some of them are.  I stayed in a Marriot in West Palm Beach and the staff informed us that concierge restaurant would not be opened for the weekend and to have another bottle of water for the road.  Hope this helps

erc Platinum

Stay with me on this one keg17.  Concierge level access can be purchased (if available that night - Marriott does limit capacity, although it wouldn't seem like it at times at some properties).  It's usually about a $30 premium (for example, everyone take a look at the JW Indianapolis rates, Monday September 26th for an example).

The Gaithersburg Marriott concierge lounge access can be purchased for $30 (I just called to make certain it was the same as the several times family members used it. When I'm there, I of course book the second room as a platinum and we both get it, but as my hotel report stated, I'm there with the in-laws, so I'm not always there every night, if you get my drift ).  And yes, as blackbronco reminded us, it's a moot point on weekends at this specific property because it's closed (which is why I said, whereas you would probably get the platinum's breakfast down in the restaurant which is included, for $30 you're probably better off just buying breakfast or taking a nice stroll around the lake and eating at one of the pleasant restaurants at the Rio Center).

As a side note to any readers who weren't aware, skiadcock does a superb job of maintaining on FlyerTalk a Master List of Concierge Lounges and services, perhaps the most valuable tool among all the forums    MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends - FlyerTalk Forums  this can often be a $30-50 swing in value at properties. Again, thank you, skiadcock!

keg17 Member

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but thank you so much everyone for answering my question.  Wow!  Turns out we will be there over a weekend, so I guess it's moot for this stay--but this is very helpful for any future stays.  erc, thanks for the info about the surrounding area.  I don't think we'll go hungry or lack for things to do!

Thanks again everyone!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...