9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2014 11:38 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Courtyard Marriott in Goleta, Santa Barbara

thor Gold 13 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone

We will be staying in Courtyard, Goleta this coming 3 day (labor day) weekend.  CY's are usually not my first choice and this CY is not particularly cheap! But it is the only Marriott hotel by Santa Barbara, it seems.  It's supposedly a new hotel.  Have anyone been there recently?  And aside from Solvang and the beach, what are things to do around Santa Barbara? Esp. with a toddler in tow?

Any input is much appreciated.

- Thor

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Goleta, California, USA
Ventura, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Ventura Beach Marriott
Oxnard, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
  • Re: Courtyard Marriott in Goleta, Santa Barbara
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thor,

Have not stayed there yet, but am most excited to hear an MRI response as well! 

Staying there next month and have an invitation to The Reagan Ranch.  Only been to SB once, so I have a good list of fine places to dine.

Am flying into SB and staying at CY because it is only a few miles from the airport!

Hope we hear some comments!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

thor Gold 13 Reviews

Been to SB just once as well.  We went to Solvang but that's few years back.  Have you visited Solvang?  Is Reagan Ranch by invitation only?

ucsbmom Gold

The Courtyard Marriott in Goleta is HORRIBLE!

ucsbmom,

I drove by the CY, but did not go in!  If that place is horrible, I don't know where I would stay in Santa Barbara.  The Four Seasons was an expensive disaster and no way would I ever stay there again.  I have heard the "Suites" at "Fess Parkers" is very nice, but also very expensive!

If I had a choice, I would go to Oxnard, and stay at the very nice, reasonably priced, Residence Inn!  Especially, with one "In tow"!  It's an easy drive from the SB airport.  Three nights there was less than one night at The Four Seasons!

There is also a nice Marriott, on the water at Ventura!

Good luck, and don't pay way to much for nothing!

Location Brand Hotel
      Ventura, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Ventura Beach Marriott
      Oxnard, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
      erc Platinum

I'm heading that way in October and will be following jerrycoin's advice, two nights at the Residence Inn and a weekend at the Ventura Beach Marriott with some drives into Santa Barbara and some wineries. Thanks for sharing ucsbmom, that makes the decision even easier.

Jerrycoin, you might already know this, but that Four Seasons was originally the Marriott Santa Barbara Biltmore.

Mrs. Erc (before she was Mrs. Erc, but her Marriott status helped her close the deal )  and her girlfriend stayed there in the late seventies (on a multi-Marriott vacation). Sad to hear it's gone downhill, thanks for the update.

erc,

The Four Seasons is really not going "Downhill", as a matter of fact, it is really a popular place!  What I didn't like was a room that is a basic room, at over $600 per night, that is right next to the train tracks!  Oxnard and Ventura are both very nice, and reasonably priced!

IMG_3312.JPG

erc, I had to "Cut back", on my dessert at the Four Seasons!  The Souffle, with two types of cream, and fresh fruit was wonderful.  However, my Dr., really got upset that that was all I had!  Complain, Complain, Complain!  She's never happy!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

stayed at a full service Marriott about 30 miles north of Santa Barbara right on the 101 right at entrance to wine country. I assume it is still there   

erc Platinum

Thanks for the tip. I actually looked at the Santa Ynez Marriott (with the idea of banging around Solvang and maybe even heading up to Paso Robles), it looked pretty nice, but since I had some get togethers in L.A. and flew into LAX I backed off the extended drive.

Interestingly enough, the AAA rate included buffet breakfast for two, so I checked the must view thread

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends - FlyerTalk Forums

to discover that they didn't have a lounge, but provided breakfast (i.e. no incremental benefit for Plats with AAA rate).

This had been updated in April, so like yesterday's post pointed out;

Marriott Changes European Breakfast Options - Hotels w/ No Lounge

I'm hoping that some properties maintain their buffet options.

jerryl,

Yes, it is still there and at a good location!  You head East from there, make sure you dine at "The Hitching Post", (Made famous for its setting in the movie, "Sideways") from there Solvang.  What a wonderful place to visit!

IMG_3411.jpg

You may want to make reservations, likewise, split the Cowboy Steak!

IMG_3412.JPG

Danish Day's is a big deal in this area!  Brace yourself for all of the vineyards in the area!

IMG_3414.JPG

Wonderful shopping, dining and walking make this place a lot of fun!  Solvang, is a special place!  Enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...