4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2013 1:13 PM by blackbronco RSS

Paying for another's room; do they get their nights and points?

wpclay48 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife has a room booked in her name and is staying there.  If I pay for the room with my credit card will she still get credit for the nights and point on her MR account?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Paying for another's room; do they get their nights and points?
    blackbronco Silver 5 Reviews

You should always have both names on the reservation.  This may help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

If her name and Marriott Rewards number are in the reservation, it does not seem to matter which credit card is used - hers, yours, or someone elses.  That has been my experience.

wpclay48 Platinum

Just to follow up, it worked just like lakersfan said.  I used my card for both rooms (one in her name, one in mine) and we both got the points and nights.

Blackbronco, I will keep your suggestion in mind for the future.  This time, however, we had two rooms, one name on each.

blackbronco Silver 5 Reviews

You know I just remembered that when I travelled on business I was no a Marriott Rewards member at the time and the person who travelled with me had two reservations, I believe in her name, so she was able to get the Marriott points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...