8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2008 5:01 PM by guinness RSS

Cayman Islands

kellyb Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am planning a trip to the Cayman Islands in April.  I am staying at the Marriott on Seven Mile Beach.  Has anyone been here?  Do you have any recommendations?  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cayman Islands
    summerstime Gold
    I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who's stayed there. I'm going to use points to stay either here or the Ritz on the same beach. I'm sure the Ritz is a lot nicer, but I don't plan to be in the room very often...Trying to decide.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tom03087 Platinum
    I stayed before the hurricane. It is a very nice property  with a good location as far as being able to walk to a wide variety of restaurants. The beach is a little small but I would recomend it.

mgcandfnc Platinum 5 Reviews
    We stayed there back in 2002 -- has since been refurbished -- which was needed at the time.  That aside good location small beach but great to be able to walk along the beach to other restaurants. Big plus is that the hotel is away from the town centre which has a constant influx of cruise ships and shoppers.

vacationjunkie Gold
    We just stayed there in January.  It's a nice hotel.  They've refurbished it well.  It's not very large or luxurious but it does have a good location.  The service was very good.  Dezrine, a waitress in the hotel restaurant, is a delight.  FYI- Our favorite restaurant on the island is Papagallo.  Though it's not on the beach, the atmosphere is amazing and the food is wonderful!

sunlover50 Platinum 2 Reviews
    I am planning to be there in March 2009.  Do you know if rooms have balcony?Opening windows or patio door with balcony is a must for us. 

tundradweller Silver

You'll love it. Stayed there a couple of weeks ago with my wife and 3 kids. The location is great, the staff is great. Highly recommend it. We are definitely returning asap!

Favorite places: Papagallo Restaurant, Cimboco Restaurant, Cracked Conch Restaurant, Hemingway's Restaurant, Rum Point, Botanical Gardens, the Gellateria next to Cimboco. 

travlmonsta Platinum
    Loved it. plenty of balcony rooms. MUST SWIM WITH THE STINGRAYS AT STINGRAY CITY! BEST TOUR I HAVE EVER BEEN ON. THEY ARE DOCILE BECAUSE THEY ARE FED EVERYDAY BY TOURISTS! THIS IS A MUST DO!

guinness Platinum
    We went to the Caymans the week before Xmas and had a great time. Very relaxing and great snorkeling. We rented a car to see the sights; Hell - quick 20 minute stop is all that is needed. Rum Point - not really worth the drive, good beaches elsewhere. Cemetary beach - great beach and snorkeling. Smith Cove - small local beach very interesting snorkelling near shore. Eden Rock - downtown, the best snorkeling,  you see fish as soon as you enter the water, from small to large Tarpon. To eat, Cimboco is a quick walk across the street, very good save room for dessert. Icoa, walk towards town down the street and go to strip mall, excellent food, it is where the locals go when they want to dine. Good sushi and Italian up from hotel. Downtown mainly gift shops, seen one seen them all, avoid days when cruise ships are in town. Get to airport a few hours before leaving as it is small and congested. Have a great trip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...