3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 10:57 AM by iahflyr RSS

Goodby Sprint!

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was a Sprint cell customer for the last 10 years, and a very unhappy Sprint customer for the last 2 years. Two years ago I purchased a Sprint 4G phone with the promise that Sprint 4G would be in Phoenix "in a couple of months" and that I would still be charged for 4G service even if I did not have 4G in Phoenix. 22 months later I finally noticed that I had the now obsolete Sprint 4G service in portions of Phoenix. On top of all that, the reception in Phoenix metro was spotty, and terrible in the many remote areas of Arizona. When my contract was close to being over I first checked with Sprint to see if they had 4G LTE service available in Phoenix. I was told "not yet, but it will be here in a few months". Needless to say, I was not going to fall for that line again. I switched to Verizon 4G LTE and can not believe the world of difference. I just finished a a 1200 mile drive from Phoenix/Page/Salt Lake City/Park City/Moab/Flagstaff and was amazed at the phone and data reception in some very remote areas of Utah and Arizona. Count me as one very happy former Sprint customer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Goodby Sprint!
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

curiousone,

Very smart move to Verizon in my opinion, I've had them for years and with my Droid and 4G networks all over the place it is the best, again in my opinion.  In the NC mountains between Boone and Blowing Rock my wife can't even find any service with her AT&T stuff, yet I've never had an issue the numerous times we would visit my parents place in the summer.  Glad to have you onboard so to speak.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Agreed..the coverage and quality for Verizon is second to none. They are a pain in the neck to deal with for customer service, but the actual product is great.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I really can't even complain about their customer service as each time I've added or removed a global data/voice plan for international travel they are excellent.  I tried once doing it online and it didn't work out so I just call them now and poof, done.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...